Litton goes in-depth

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 QB Chase Litton (Tampa Wharton) has already garnered a lot of attention early in the process, with offers from LSU and USF. Yesterday, he tweeted that Georgia, Vanderbilt, and LSU were three schools that were standing out.

“That was just schools I took visits to and really enjoyed it. That’s not an official top three, but I was just saying that I really enjoyed those schools. Just the way they treated me, they’re definitely great schools,” Litton said.

Litton also says that Georgia, Florida, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and Miami are all offers he wants.

“I was talking to Coach Fisch, and they don’t know if they’re gonna offer a 2014 quarterback, but they said if they do, I’d be the one. Those were his (Fisch’s) exact words,” he added.

That conversation took place when Litton was down in Miami for an Al Golden Football Camp.

“It went well, I went up there for camp, worked out and he took me upstairs after. He told me I would be number one on their board, that I’m a great athlete who can play the game of football, they just don’t know if they want to offer a 2014 quarterback yet,” said Litton.

The 6’6, 195 pound QB thinks that footwork is one of his major strengths.

“Basketball has helped me a lot with my footwork. My vision is another strength, being 6’6 I can see over the whole line. My arm strength has gotten me out of a lot of bad situations, so that also helps a lot.”

The Tampa area has always produced talent, and Miami has had a good amount of recent success there.

“Me and Vernon Hargreaves are close friends. Him and his dad are definitely close, I don’t know how big of an effect that will have on his recruitment with USF. His dad’s not the type of person to sit there and tell him “you better come to USF” he definitely wants him to enjoy his visits and enjoy the recruiting process.”

Another player who Litton is familiar with is Miami commit Travis Johnson.

“He will catch anything you throw to him. If you underthow it, overthrow it, he will also make sure the other team doesn’t get it so he’s definitely a team player and from the aspect of a quarterback, it’s either he’s coming down with it or no one is,” Litton said about Johnson.

Litton plans to attend Florida’s Friday Night Lights camp later this summer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back