Little things + Position Groups from the Traz Scrimmage

LuCane

Administrator
Staff member
Lu, SIAP, but I'm curious why you think Harris is "the guy" over Dallas?
I don't think there'll be "a guy," but I think Cam offers a skill set we need on the field more often than not. Too good of acceleration and balance to use on the types of running plays Enos seems to be setting up. Different style, but he's closer to Jacoby Jones' importance in the context of Bama's trio last season. To be clear, I'm anticipating Lingard to make a significant difference, especially after watching the delays and draws we ran. MUCH better fit for him than inside zone runs.

jw410

Senior
Exact
The rest of the Coastal has worse depth issues and talent.
Exactly! With Miami we always have the worst depth. We will should have the best front line guys period. I skill positions stack up with anyone. We have to develop the talent we have no more excuses. Develop or find someone who can develop talent it isn't that hard.

AUcane

All-ACC
I don't think there'll be "a guy," but I think Cam offers a skill set we need on the field more often than not. Too good of acceleration and balance to use on the types of running plays Enos seems to be setting up. Different style, but he's closer to Jacoby Jones' importance in the context of Bama's trio last season. To be clear, I'm anticipating Lingard to make a significant difference, especially after watching the delays and draws we ran. MUCH better fit for him than inside zone runs.
Agree on LL. REALLY looking forward to watching him (hopefully) blossom this summer.

BeauxBeaux

Recruit
Plus, he threw one across the field in a terrible decision. And, I stand by what I'm saying for the rationale I provided. You're welcome to try, but you'd have a hard time convincing me he's not currently leading the QB situation based on fit and projection. Might want to read and include the entire sentence, you know, like the beginning part of the same sentence, which stated "without having watched absolutely anything other than this scrimmage." You must be in the media? I didn't make a call and I don't care who wins the competition. Not sure how that's dramatic.
Hi @LuCane, did you have a chance to watch yesterday? Would like to know your thoughts.

LuCane

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @LuCane, did you have a chance to watch yesterday? Would like to know your thoughts.
I did. I made a few comments in the main thread. They amount to about the same view: I don’t think we have enough information yet on the QB situation. If you only watched yesterday (to be fair to when I said if you only watch last Saturday), Williams would probably be third string instead of first.

Think we have to continue to talk in specific contexts: who was on field when a play was made, what play was called, what was root of succes/breakdown. The 1st team defense seemed to dominate most of the day yesterday. I missed the drive people say Tate led into the redzone against the 1st team D. Outside of that, I saw mostly shaky QBs unless they faced backups.

Individually, Perry seems to be the most steady, by most accounts, but am still concerned about how some of what he does well and some of what he struggles with will translate into what I hope to see from Enos’ offense. Williams made a couple nice throws in the middle of the field, but otherwise had a tough time. Tate flashed, but remains a work in progress with his steps.

I didn’t think we’d name a leader going into summer one way or the other, but I genuinely don’t think there is one.