Lane Updates the Latest

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Homestead (Fla.) Receiver Ermon Lane was recently ranked the #1 receiver in the nation by ESPN and was looking to prove that ranking this weekend at the IMG SouthEast 7 on 7.

“I’m trying to dominate out here, get wins and get better.”

Since Lane is so highly regarded by Scouts, dozens of corners challenge the Homestead receiver, which adds to the competitive atmosphere.

“It’s good competition out here, because everybody comes and brings they’re A game and these are nationally ranked players, so it’s good competition.”

The nationally ranked receiver is receiving interest from multiple colleges all around the nation.

“The recruiting process is going good, all the colleges are showing me love.”

Despite getting interest from nearly every college, Lane currently claims no leaders.

“No one is leading but everybody is open right now.”

One school that is actively pursuing the 5 star talent is the university of Miami.

“They have a great program, I grew up liking Miami and they had a great recruiting class.”

One interesting factor for the hurricanes is that Lane’s primary recruiter from Miami happens to be his cousin, Coach Michael Barrow.

“We talk about life and we also talk about our family members besides the football stuff.”

Another school that Lane is hot on the radar for is Alabama.

“Well they are number one in the nation and so there is no way you can’t like them.”

Other schools that Lane is interested in are Florida and Florida State.

When asked what will be the deciding factors in his decision, he has two things in mind.

“A winning program and where I feel home at.”

Advertisement

Don't you dare not winning 10 games Golden!

2014 Homestead (Fla.) Receiver Ermon Lane was recently ranked the #1 receiver in the nation by ESPN and was looking to prove that ranking this weekend at the IMG SouthEast 7 on 7.

Since Lane is so highly regarded by Scouts, dozens of corners challenge the Homestead receiver, which adds to the competitive atmosphere.

“It’s good competition out here, because everybody comes and brings they’re A game and these are nationally ranked players, so it’s good competition.”

The nationally ranked receiver is receiving interest from multiple colleges all around the nation.

Despite getting interest from nearly every college, Lane currently claims no leaders.

One school that is actively pursuing the 5 star talent is the university of Miami.

“They have a great program, I grew up liking Miami and they had a great recruiting class.”

One interesting factor for the hurricanes is that Lane’s primary recruiter from Miami happens to be his cousin, Coach Michael Barrow.

“We talk about life and we also talk about our family members besides the football stuff.”

“Well they are number one in the nation and so there is no way you can’t like them.”

When asked what will be the deciding factors in his decision, he has two things in mind.

Actually, yeah. If you had any pride, you might be able to come up with some reasons not to like them. For example, there are still Roll Tiders that look on this quite fondly:

124.jpg

As a black athlete, you want to make that fanbase happy, you go right ahead.

Win 10 games, ACC title and he's going to be at the Orange Bowl repping UM guaranteed

Last edited:
Advertisement
This isn't your fault Tito, but with this kid I didn't expect to learn anything new and this is pretty much what I've been hearing in his interviews the last year, I guess there's really no point of trying to get an idea of where he's leaning

i love the way he is handling this process, i think its harder for coaches to be anti-miami when he tells them miami isnt in the lead they just have to come with facts

Advertisement

Actually, yeah. If you had any pride, you might be able to come up with some reasons not to like them. For example, there are still Roll Tiders that look on this quite fondly:

124.jpg

For the African American recruit the decision where to attend college should be "heavily" influenced by the schools diversity, history and the "true" beliefs of their leadership and fan base. But many don't know history, current events, political environment or be able to recognize the lack of diversity ie, females and minorities. Anyone who knows the history of Ole Miss and the orgin of the Rebel name would wonder how any Black athlete would want to bring that program success. The answer is stupidity and turning a blind eye to reality.

Advertisement

124.jpg

For the African American recruit the decision where to attend college should be "heavily" influenced by the schools diversity, history and the "true" beliefs of their leadership and fan base. But many don't know history, current events, political environment or be able to recognize the lack of diversity ie, females and minorities. Anyone who knows the history of Ole Miss and the orgin of the Rebel name would wonder how any Black athlete would want to bring that program success. The answer is stupidity and turning a blind eye to reality.

Da Fuq does Race have to do with recruiting?!?!? Sad to think that someone would pick a school because of skin color!! Last I checked every D1 school has White and Black players and White and Black coaches on their team. Football is about becoming brothers on and off the field regardless of race!!!

Advertisement

124.jpg

Da Fuq does Race have to do with recruiting?!?!? Sad to think that someone would pick a school because of skin color!! Last I checked every D1 school has White and Black players and White and Black coaches on their team. Football is about becoming brothers on and off the field regardless of race!!!

No one's talking about racism within a program or within a university. Hopefully, we're past that. They're talking about the sh*tbags who come out every Saturday waving their confederate flags singing the Rebel fight song.

edit: and the fact that they're the Rebels is disgusting, and no black athlete that knows where it comes from should ever want that mascot to be associated with a winning program

Last edited:
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=37048

Not his best choice if he's looking for a winning program

free trip to cali?

Possible, but USC has gotten a couple fl kids over the past few years, not sofl kids, but Florida kids nonetheless, besides that *** linebacker was supposedly close to going...

ya well see. would be surprised if a homestead kid ended up there especially since Lane Kiffin will be fired at the end of the year (hes a terrible coach so u know they wont live up to whatever hype they get)

"Da Fuq does Race have to do with recruiting?!?!? Sad to think that someone would pick a school because of skin color!! Last I checked every D1 school has White and Black players and White and Black coaches on their team. Football is about becoming brothers on and off the field regardless of race!!!"

If you've ever done any research on Bryant's son who sits on the Ala. BOT you wouldn't type that. Not at all $EC teams are like Ole Miss,Ala; Auburn,So.Car and a couple more that crawl your skin when it comes to the fan-base.
Today's kids don't read anymore, and pride in history is non-existent . While economic circumstances may cause some parents/guardians not to look too far around ....sometimes you have to ask yourself ....what are the prevailing attitudes three miles or more from campus?! Accepting of diversity ? A respected range of political views ? etc. If the media is like something from a George Orwell novel .........where any dissenting views are heresy...or the Andy Griffin Show and FOX News are the highest rated things on TV...you point your kid in a different direction.

Advertisement
Back