Lamar Miller...

DaveT

Freshman
Lamar looks like a NFL back today. Doing well with his snaps. Showing patience, following his blocking. Can see him getting more snaps for the 'fins in the future to help take the load off of Free House.

Advertisement
We dont miss him at all. jarrett payton is so much better. **** mike james is better too.

The thought of him and Duke in the same backfield is absurd.

Indeed.

But a bunch of our fans maintained that we wouldn't miss him at all, and that Duke + James was at the very least equal to Miller + Duke.
Horse****.

Advertisement
coaching is not are problem, its the players fault they need to get there heads right its all mental we got the talent

The question is would we have used them in the best way...

I don't think you could devise an offense - aside from 5 wide all the time - that would misuse the both of them.

My point is running the ball is the strength of this team now, and what do we do? We finally lined up correctly in the 4th yesterday because we didn't want the backup QB to throw the ball.

Advertisement

Indeed.

But a bunch of our fans maintained that we wouldn't miss him at all, and that Duke + James was at the very least equal to Miller + Duke.
Horse****.

dude, the running game is not an issue. GTF Over it.
If it were you'd have a case. But it's not.

Besides Miller being back would mean less touches for Duke and possibility of RS.

Indeed.

Horse****.

Besides Miller being back would mean less touches for Duke and possibility of RS.

You really think Duke would be a possibility of a RS? Come on man.

Indeed.

Horse****.

With Miller back and Senior in Mike James who knows. Maybe he'd be used more in the return game as a KO and Punt returner.
But his touches would go down. Going by what we are seeing and what we know of Miller, that's not something I would want to happen.

Indeed.

Horse****.

With Miller back and Senior in Mike James who knows. Maybe he'd be used more in the return game as a KO and Punt returner.
But his touches would go down. Going by what we are seeing and what we know of Miller, that's not something I would want to happen.

There is absolutely zero chance Duke would get a RS. You wanna know what would happen? Mike James would get less carries. Eduardo Clements would get less carries. Having a guy who ran for 1200 yards would absolutely help this team, and the fact that you don't think it would shows how much intelligence you lack. Think of having Lamar and Duke in the backfield at the same time man. You know Fisch would do that, because he loves to do fancy **** like that. We absolutely could use a back like Lamar this year and anybody who says differently is either lying to themselves or a ****** on the DBC level.

Advertisement
The running game isn't an issue. We don't want Willis McGahee or Clinton Portis taking the place of Mike James, guys.

A backfield with Miller and Duke would be nasty. Despite all of our expert fans saying Miller is soft and overrated, I could see him overtaking Daniel Thomas pretty soon for the dolphins. You can't teach speed and Lamar was being patient today and running hard. I'll stand by what I've always thought about Miller. He's a future Lesean McCoy type back.

Advertisement
Seems like Miller made the right choice! Backs don't last long in the league. Also good for us, could help in getting more rb recruits to Miami!

People forget that after he injured his shoulder against Bethune I think he was a different running back... He was a tough inside runner before that and always was moving foward..Bad thing is that shoulder has been bothering him since high school

People forget that after he injured his shoulder against Bethune I think he was a different running back... He was a tough inside runner before that and always was moving foward..Bad thing is that shoulder has been bothering him since high school

Yep, people just see a fast back like Miller and say "omg speed back who can't run inside" and then a bigger guy like Mike James and say "omg power back."

It's like when we had Javarris James and Cooper. Graig Cooper was slow as ****, and JJ wasn't powerful at all. Except in this case, Miller was really ******* fast and probably a better inside runner (much better vision and quickness) than Mike James.

Advertisement
Back