Keyshawn Greene commits to Nebraksa

Advertisement
To me IMO when u take a Corey Flagg over other names I question most borderline takes then. Cause if u can't see how that speed will hinder him I don't know what to tell u or anyone else.

All good bro we got different opinions...I try to not post negative too much but it's like I take the bait.

His 40 time is certainly an issue, his height is questionable. But at 5'10 223 lbs running a 4.43 shuttle is actually impressive for his stocky build.

* Best LB instincts of the LB Board outside of Flow
* Won MVP LB of the Houston Regional Opening
* Best production of the LB Board
* 6a state champ in texas

This is a kid you want in your LB room. People are going to compare him to Mike Smith but Smith was a Rush LB/End in HS. Flagg is war hardened true LB.

The biggest worry is how slow LB's adjust to the speed of college will they take the proper angles? Him being a true LB helps when it comes to experience in pursuit vs a converted Rush LB/End like a Mike Smith. Just my .02. I don't love the take but i'm not dogging it.

All that being said he is a weird fit for our scheme because we put our LB's on a lot of islands.

Definitely no busts, but definitely no game changers outside of GR.

I'm not sure we have a player on the defense right now who will go above the third round outside of GR. Maybe Nesta if he continues to develop.

Granted, the players on D are young and still have room to grow, but most will probably go < 4 or undrafted.

EDIT: forgot about Bubba. Kid is legit.

Blades. Bandy has the potential too if he comes back. Hall has the size / speed to, as long as he makes natural progression from year to year.

Flagg is terrible take IMO...he’s short and slow
Remember this guy?
1574376790939.png

His 40 time is certainly an issue, his height is questionable. But at 5'10 223 lbs running a 4.43 shuttle is actually impressive for his stocky build.

This is a kid you want in your LB room. People are going to compare him to Mike Smith but Smith was a Rush LB/End in HS. Flagg is war hardened true LB.

The biggest worry is how slow LB's adjust to the speed of college will they take the proper angles? Him being a true LB helps when it comes to experience in pursuit vs a converted Rush LB/End like a Mike Smith. Just my .02. I don't love the take but i'm not dogging it.

All that being said he is a weird fit for our scheme because we put our LB's on a lot of islands.

Give me a LB that won’t blow the doors off anyone speedwise but that is a student of the game with a good shuttle and instincts vs a good athlete that doesn’t know where to be with average instincts.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I'm telling ya, I think they want a low center of gravity kid to knife thru gaps. To see the gap (football iq) and then get through (burst, low center of gravity, ability to thump)....I think they want a specific kid like Flagg basically.

Advertisement
Nothing mediocre about our class. Were not even done yet lol. We will be more than fine.
Im saying we can close strong. If we dont we wont have anywhere near a top 10 class and back to back classes not even in the top 15

I know that dosent matter when kids like greg rousseauS was ranked 3 stars

But still

Advertisement
You're better than this
He got a point. We’ve had fast LBs who was ****. Taveres gooden was decent his style year. Tyrone Cornelius. Jordan futch. Ramon Buchanan. And there’s more. 40s are the most overrated attributes in football. If you got no diagnosing skills you just running nowhere fast. Just like Shaq honestly how many plays does his 40 come into play. A kid like Flagg with a The very least be a starter level player because his quickness and diagnosis are on point..as for hyppo, we recruiting him..his offer list is nice..and look where he committed too lol

Why are the big three in Texas avoiding him?

Herman
Jimbo
Riley

All good evaluators

Advertisement
Back