Kevin Olsen, 2013

TheRagingWolf

Junior
What's the word on this guy? He just won a state championship at Wayne Hills and is the brother of Greg Olsen. I saw him play in a scrimmage against Woodbridge(NJ) and the kid has a cannon for an arm, but he did throw three INT's in the first half. I am not taking anything from that though, it was a scrimmage.

He seemed to have a very good junior season from everything I read in the papers and heard through different people at high school games. Are we in real good position with this kid, or is it sort of unknown at this point?

Advertisement
He has an offer and attended camp. I bet he comes down again this summer. We need to lock up this years QB first but I dont see any reason why we won't be all over him next year.

Personally, I don't see him ending up here. Too much of a hot commodity imo....will most likely play in the SEC or B1G.

Advertisement
Big bro(obviously) and his family LOVE us. I definitely expect him in next years class. Pretty sure he camped down here once as well.

I would imagine we are in the driver's seat, particularly since we locked up Golden and have Fisch.

Advertisement
If I recall someone had asked Greg Olsen about where Kevin was going to play and he said something along the lines of its Kevin's choice where he wants to go but that he would make sure he makes the right choice and that's Miami

If I recall someone had asked Greg Olsen about where Kevin was going to play and he said something along the lines of its Kevin's choice where he wants to go but that he would make sure he makes the right choice and that's Miami

Quality. But doesn't that remind us of Mr. or Mrs. Patchan's comments?

How's that working out for Matt?

I would imagine we are in the driver's seat, particularly since we locked up Golden and have Fisch.

And I'm fairly certain no big time prospect is going to be scared off by G. Crow, P. Dewey, or D. Thompson. He would be the only QB we take in 2013 and would have a good chance to compete for a starting job as a redshirt freshman.

Advertisement
Aside from being G-Reg's little brother, Golden already has a connection with the parents as he recruited the Older Olsen as a QB (I think) @ Virginia. The Olsen's have made reference to that in a couple of articles I have read. They mentioned how comfortable they feel with Coach Golden with the relationship from recruiting the older son and how they trust Golden. TIFWIW

A while ago we were talking about a QB in Texas from
that powerhouse school. I would like to see us go after him and olsen

Advertisement
Can't remember the school or his name because I really didn't care that much when reading it. It's a long ways away, but I remember the guy with the snake avatar had all the info on it.

I feel confident we land this kid. We have made him a top priority from the start and he has an obvious chance to start early in his career here.

And I'm fairly certain no big time prospect is going to be scared off by G. Crow, P. Dewey, or D. Thompson. He would be the only QB we take in 2013 and would have a good chance to compete for a starting job as a redshirt freshman.

he camped with those guys....and looked just as good if not better than them...as a sophomore.

Olsen seems to be thee one qb we been ON early...think he may be the nly qb in the next class..which i wouldnt mind

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back