JUCO LB Adarius Glanton

Advertisement
possibly losing one of our commits?

I hope not

We have like four spots left...max...the staff is just putting in work to make sure they have what they need to have.

With that said, I do think we need one more natural linebacker.

Kirby and Witt are locks. Northrup is still up in the air. Terry, while I consider a linebacker, is more along the lines of a Dwayne Hoilett for me...a hybrid rusher, he just leans more toward the OLB for me.

I think linebacker is a spot we need to address.

well that dude looks the part. have not seen any film though.

usually can't expect a whole lot out of JUCOs either outside of depth, which we really need considering we've got guys like Gaines and Caine playing a lot

Advertisement
First - People please stop with the losing Northrup stuff. By all accounts this kid is fully commited to the Canes. The fact that FSU and the asterisks are now courting him is not his fault. This is real life - the kid is most likely not looking but is prolly listening. Thats just common sense in life.

As for this kid - I think there is still a concern for LB play during the 2012 season. Kirby and Northrup are the most field ready but Im not totally convinced that either kid can be a fulltime contributor NEXT SEASON. This Glanton kid was a 2009 grad and has already played two years of juco ball. I assume he'd be considered more field ready than even a 4 star high school LB.

Advertisement
Getting him doesn't necessarily mean we'll be losing anyone else. Remember, we've already "lost" Burgess and Brown. Like Larrrrry said, Terry is a little more of a hybrid. And it's clear the coaching staff wants and feels like we need a lot of LBs in this class.

Kirby
Northrup
Witt
Terry
Mccord

to go along with

Perryman
Paul
Buchanon
Cain

Yall act like we got a million LBers

Advertisement
Kirby
Northrup
Witt
Terry
Mccord

to go along with

Perryman
Paul
Buchanon
Cain

Forgot Jimmy Gaines and Eddie Johnson but agree we don't have a lot of LBs either. Seems like we are thin at almost every position.

Kirby
Northrup
Witt
Terry
Mccord

to go along with

Perryman
Paul
Buchanon
Cain

Returning...

Denzel Perryman
Ramon Buchanan
Jimmy Gaines
Kelvin Cain
Gionni Paul
Eddie Johnson
CJ Holton

That's pretty rough just by the numbers. You can't go into spring with that many linebackers.

Kirby and Witt will come in in the spring. That gives you a 2-deep +2. Still not enough, IMO. Luckily, we have some walk-ons to fill in. But, IMO, we need more. Northrup and Terry will arrive in the fall its looking like (again, Northrup is still taking visits so TIFWIW).

I think its still a need. I like the diversity we're bringing in. But, I think we need some classic linebackers in the class. One more would be nice, early would be better...just for posterity. Linebacker is a crucial position for special teams.

Advertisement
Kirby
Northrup
Witt
Terry
Mccord

to go along with

Perryman
Paul
Buchanon
Cain

Returning...

Denzel Perryman
Ramon Buchanan
Jimmy Gaines
Kelvin Cain
Gionni Paul
Eddie Johnson
CJ Holton

That's pretty rough just by the numbers. You can't go into spring with that many linebackers.

Kirby and Witt will come in in the spring. That gives you a 2-deep +2. Still not enough, IMO. Luckily, we have some walk-ons to fill in. But, IMO, we need more. Northrup and Terry will arrive in the fall its looking like (again, Northrup is still taking visits so TIFWIW).

I think its still a need. I like the diversity we're bringing in. But, I think we need some classic linebackers in the class. One more would be nice, early would be better...just for posterity. Linebacker is a crucial position for special teams.

I thought Holton was moved to FB?

Kirby
Northrup
Witt
Terry
Mccord

to go along with

Perryman
Paul
Buchanon
Cain

Returning...

Denzel Perryman
Ramon Buchanan
Jimmy Gaines
Kelvin Cain
Gionni Paul
Eddie Johnson
CJ Holton

I thought Holton was moved to FB?

I believe he was moved back to LB soon after the move to FB.

You might as well not even list Holton bruh

Kid can't even crack special teams.

Gaines
Johnson
Paul
Perryman
Cookie coming off major knee injury

That's all we have. We should be recruiting 37 LBers. Bring in as many beasts as possible

Advertisement
Back