Josh Harvey-Clemons Update

Advertisement
Josh Harvey-Clemons to visit Miami this weekend?
8:27 pm January 24, 2012, by Michael Carvell

Miami may be a last-minute contender in the sweepstakes for Josh Harvey-Clemons, the state’s top uncommitted prospect.

Miami linebackers coach Michael Barrow attended Tuesday’s basketball game of the 6-foot-5, 200-pound linebacker from Lowndes County High School. Harvey-Clemons has UGA and Florida, along with Florida State, as his leaders.

“Coach Barorw is there now, and he’s wanting to talk to us after the game,” said Harvey-Clemons grandfather, Woodrow Clemons, told the AJC.

There is a good possibility that Harvey-Clemons will switch his final official visit from Louisville to Miami. That’s because, as of late Tuesday night, Louisville had not finalized travels plans for this weekend’s visit.

“If Louisville doesn’t respond, and Josh talks to Miami and wants to go down there, I will take Josh down to Miami myself this weekend,” Clemons said. “That will be decided tonight and Josh will make that decision. I don’t know what’s going on with Louisville. Apparently, they think it’s a ‘done deal’ and they’ve given up.”

What about Miami? “They’ve always liked Josh but they’ve been out there in left field,” Clemons said. “After the US Army game, they started calling and coming down. We told them we weren’t interested in an official visit. But since FSU got back into the picture, they’ve decided to make a last effort. It might work. We’ll see.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/01/24/josh-harvey-clemons-to-visit-miami-this-weekend/

Advertisement
Btw, is it fair to say Strong is a corch? Giving up on a recruit? Very corch like

sounds like a nice little weekend getaway.

But, lulz if we trade Burgess for this kid. I'd take that deal in a heartbeat

Intredasting...just the fact that he is considering a visit here is a testament to how hard our coaches are working.

Maybe he comes down for a visit - so what if it's just a free SoBe vacation? You can't have an opportunity to turn a kid if you don't get him on campus. At least we're doing the best we can to be in the discussion.

Kudos to this staff all around.

I just wish I didn't see "Clemson" every time I looked at his name.

Advertisement
First time I'm hearing of this cat.

From the sounds of it he's better than Burgess but how does he compare to Northrup (who we might lose)?

From the sounds of it he's better than Burgess but how does he compare to Northrup (who we might lose)?

MUCH better than Northrup.

JHC is one of the top-rated LB in the country by every publication.

Advertisement
I get the impression his grandfather/adviser may be an issue. Clemons' grandfather posted a few days ago:- #UGA #Gators #FSU ... JHC @ FSU now". The speculation on the UL end is that the travel plans (visit) were basically put in a holding pattern due statements made the grandfather and Clemons. Now what exactly those statements were I am not privy to.

MUCH better than Northrup.

JHC is one of the top-rated LB in the country by every publication.

Most would agree with this. Kid is a beast.

It looked like we were gonna get in there with him, then it looked like we were out, now it looks like he is visiting. Get him on the OV and you never know, especially since it "seems" he is very open.

+1

As long as he's not committed elsewhere and recruiting on the sly, I'm good with kids that are considered longshots coming in for a visit.

Intredasting...just the fact that he is considering a visit here is a testament to how hard our coaches are working.

Maybe he comes down for a visit - so what if it's just a free SoBe vacation? You can't have an opportunity to turn a kid if you don't get him on campus. At least we're doing the best we can to be in the discussion.

Kudos to this staff all around.

I just wish I didn't see "Clemson" every time I looked at his name.

Advertisement
Have I mentioned that I loved how we locked our class down so we could drop the hammer around NSD?

For the longest time I didnt really buy the whole idea that one slip up could be the difference down the stretch, but its true. Obviously it may only be one kid per year, but thats enough to warrant the discussion about it.

Will Muschamp tries to sway top Georgia recruit Josh-Harvey Clemons – by going to church

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2012/01/will-muschamp-tries-to-sway-recruit-by-going-to-church.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2Fcollege%2Fuf+%28Swamp+Things%29

With National Signing Day in a week, college coaches are feverishly trying to wrap up their classes and secure uncommitted prospects. That includes Florida’s Will Muschamp, who has taken one unusual step in trying to land Valdosta (Ga.) Lowndes athlete Josh Harvey-Clemons – going to church.

Now, Georgia coach Mark Richt will be attending service to try to land the state’s top uncommitted prospect. Rivals.com ranks Harvey-Clemons as the No. 2 athlete nationally.

From The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

“[Will Muschamp] came to our regular service about a month ago; I guess Coach Richt doesn’t want to let Coach Muschamp beat him out with going to church with us,” said Josh’s grandfather, Woodrow Clemons, with a laugh.

The elder Clemons has been attending Mt. Calvary Baptist for around 50 years. It’s a popular place of worship for many former Lowndes football stars, including family members of Greg Reid (plays at FSU), Telvin Smith (FSU) and Jay Rome (UGA).

It created quite a stir when Florida’s coach showed up at church last month. “We gave everybody a heads up, and they were surprised to see [Muschamp],” Clemons said. “And the collection plate was equally surprised.”

After checking with the NCAA manual, nothing seems to be against the rules. The recruiting section does not include anything about going to a recruit’s church or giving an offering there, but I’ve got a call in the NCAA to double check.

Richt’s visit to Harvey-Clemons church today should make an interesting mix. The AJC reported the Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher will have lunch with the family on Thursday. Florida assistant Brian White will be a speaker at the Lowndes High football banquet Thursday night.

Harvey-Clemons will pick between Florida, Florida State and Georgia on National Signing Day.

Advertisement
Back