Jordan Futch

Advertisement
Since 2003 the entire college football season seems to come and go like the wind. Futch was just another leave blowing in it.

Yeah, another kid that seemed like a good guy, had to deal with a ****** coach that offered **** in terms of player development. With his size and speed, we should've gotten something out of him. Good luck to him in the future.

Plenty of people said before he ever got to um that he looked the part but wasn't tough eough and didn't play the part. They were right it seems.

Advertisement
SFayBay is right IMO. It appears that the consistent theme the past 6-7 years is high-ranking recruits underachieving. At some point, we simply cannot blast every single kid individually without considering that there was underlying problem. I think the #1 class from four years ago and its mass exodus from the program following this past season suggests a plausible explanation -- bad player development. I firmly believe that player development is more than making guys better football players, i.e., tackling better, etc. I believe it also encompasses work ethic and an overall mental preparedness to football.

2.gif

Advertisement
I know Jordan personally and we were teammates in high school. He's a good guy and definitely matured while at miami. I told everyone that asked when he first committed that he wasn't a true 4-3 linebacker. In high school he played the standup 3-4 pass rusher/linebacker position and rushed the passer 90% of the time. I just don't think he ever had the instincts to play in space. At 6-2 250 he could have been a 4-3 DE at miami and nothing more. I hate to bash a friend but he wasn't a miami linebacker IMO.

I know Jordan personally and we were teammates in high school. He's a good guy and definitely matured while at miami. I told everyone that asked when he first committed that he wasn't a true 4-3 linebacker. In high school he played the standup 3-4 pass rusher/linebacker position and rushed the passer 90% of the time. I just don't think he ever had the instincts to play in space. At 6-2 250 he could have been a 4-3 DE at miami and nothing more. I hate to bash a friend but he wasn't a miami linebacker IMO.

Good luck to him, and I hope he made the most out of his education. Not everyone ends up an all-american and in the NFL.

Yeah, another kid that seemed like a good guy, had to deal with a ****** coach that offered **** in terms of player development. With his size and speed, we should've gotten something out of him. Good luck to him in the future.

Come on now the kid wasnt good... He was a special team role player... You can't blame the coach for his underachievement... As the poster below said, all he did was just blitz people at Chamminade... He was athletic but he had no responsibilities but to get in the back field... I mean if Daryl Sharpton, Sean Spence, and Cmac could be come productive backers then there was no excuse for him... I'm disappointed with all the noise he made about favoritism and then he performs and you see why he was only a special teamer... We took a gamble on him but he wasnt anything more than a st, role/situational player...

Advertisement

Come on now the kid wasnt good... He was a special team role player... You can't blame the coach for his underachievement... As the poster below said, all he did was just blitz people at Chamminade... He was athletic but he had no responsibilities but to get in the back field... I mean if Daryl Sharpton, Sean Spence, and Cmac could be come productive backers then there was no excuse for him... I'm disappointed with all the noise he made about favoritism and then he performs and you see why he was only a special teamer... We took a gamble on him but he wasnt anything more than a st, role/situational player...

Don't get me wrong, I know we didn't have an all-american with this guy, but he should've produced more than he did when he was here. That move to TE for 1/2 a season was another great example of the last staff wasting kid's time versus developing them.

Advertisement
He wasn't a linebacker. He didn't have the linebacker instincts. Sometimes there just isn't a position for a player. He was a good specimen and could hit like a ****, but he wasn't an every down player. I would have thought that he would have been better as a DE but ....maybe not.

Advertisement
Back