Jim Kelly

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
With the bad news coming out about Jim Kelly it got me thinking. Is he the most underrated Cane in relation to actual importance to the overall history of the program?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He'll beat it just like he did the cowboys in the superbowl..

You are a classless piece of horse excrement.

Let's see how funny your comment is if/when you get cancer.

It's people like you that are the real cancers in this world.

Go FK Yourself, loser.

Hang in there Jimbo!

People don't remember how important Jim's Miami legacy is!

[video=youtube;C2rZQSxVhXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2rZQSxVhXY[/video]

Advertisement
Dam....what's the current news?

He was a tough kid when playing for us. Shame he lost his final season at UM.

Oral cancer returned and supposedly it's more severe. Needs prolonged chemotherapy and radiation. The guy has had some serious bad luck on the health front.

Oral cancer returned and supposedly it's more severe. Needs prolonged chemotherapy and radiation. The guy has had some serious bad luck on the health front.
Between he and his son, it's been a tough ride for Jim. Really hope he fights thru.

There are times when advanced stage 4 head and neck cancers can be beat. He's a tough sob. Best of luck to JK. Stud.

Advertisement
With the bad news coming out about Jim Kelly it got me thinking. Is he the most underrated Cane in relation to actual importance to the overall history of the program?

I don't know if he is the most underrated but he was certainly Schnelly's first important recruit. I would argue that the most underrated Hurricane in the modern era is Lester Williams. Saban turned the tide by keeping kids like Williams home who would normally go to Florida or leave the state. One thing I know that 1981 Miami Hurricane defense is the most underrated defense in school history. And Miami was arguably the best team in the country by seasons end. Miami lost 2 games because they were jobbed at Austin and at Starkville.

Jim was nails. I liked Larry Brodsky a lot but he was a possession receiver. The other receiver was Mark Rodrique, a converted QB. Imagine if Jim was throwing to Eddie Brown.

Best wishes out to Jim and his family. He'll beat it.

I don't know if he is the most underrated but he was certainly Schnelly's first important recruit. I would argue that the most underrated Hurricane in the modern era is Lester Williams. Saban turned the tide by keeping kids like Williams home who would normally go to Florida or leave the state. One thing I know that 1981 Miami Hurricane defense is the most underrated defense in school history. And Miami was arguably the best team in the country by seasons end. Miami lost 2 games because they were jobbed at Austin and at Starkville.

Jim was nails. I liked Larry Brodsky a lot but he was a possession receiver. The other receiver was Mark Rodrique, a converted QB. Imagine if Jim was throwing to Eddie Brown.

Kelly was a Lou Saban recruit.

Wasn't Rodrique's name Mike?

Advertisement
Jimmy probably could use our prayers.

159.jpg

As someone who was born and raised in Buffalo, I can you that he's the most beloved person in Buffalo's history. This is absolutely heart breaking for all of us. Get well Jimbo, we know that you're going to beat this.

great memory, Miami was a great team that year and got screwed in both of those games. Could have won their first title that year.

Advertisement
Back