2024 Jericho K Johnson, 4* DT/OT Offered

Advertisement
Lanning will pull in Oregon’s best class ever. Wonder where he sits on the A&M job pecking order.
Why would he take it? He is making $7M a year and has a good thing going with a team that is ranked high and setup well for the future with the current roster, recruiting, NIL and going to the Big10. It's not like OU doesn't have a path to a championship.

I get that money is relative, but when you are already making $7M a year, I think other things will (and should) factor in. Let's not forget that it took nearly doubling Mario's salary to get him to come here and that was with him being an alum. Lanning was making $1.7M as the OC at UGA two years ago so I am sure that the $7M a year he is making now is likely still plenty for him.

Why would he take it? He is making $7M a year and has a good thing going with a team that is ranked high and setup well for the future with the current roster, recruiting, NIL and going to the Big10. It's not like OU doesn't have a path to a championship.

I get that money is relative, but when you are already making $7M a year, I think other things will (and should) factor in. Let's not forget that it took nearly doubling Mario's salary to get him to come here and that was with him being an alum. Lanning was making $1.7M as the OC at UGA two years ago so I am sure that the $7M a year he is making now is likely still plenty for him.
Maybe in 2 years we'll pay Lanning 14 million to come here!

Advertisement
Puppy Corner GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back