Jeremy Pruitt and James Coley (schemes thread)

Winky is Wright

Junior
Banned
I feel this needs to be addressed because it seems every week somebody mentions Florida State switching over to a power 3-4 "like Bama."

Yes, Jeremy Pruitt and Sal Sunseri are both pupils of Nick Saban, but Jimbo has already been quoted as saying Florida State will continue to run a 4-3.

Fisher said Pruitt and Sunseri will be able to add plenty of wrinkles to an FSU defense that ranked second in the country to only Alabama in total defense this season, but that the base defense will remain a 4-3.

The same goes for James Coley. It's already been stated Coley will keep a lot of the same techniques Fisch ran last year. Enough with the "Coley's bringing in FSU's offense" type replies.

Advertisement
I think Golden has made it pretty clear he wants the offense to have the same blue print, but as he pointed on the radio today he's allowing Coley to add things to the play book.

What are people so worried about?
Fisch wasn't a well known commodity before he got here. It's not like Coley is going to come into Miami and make us run the wishbone. Coley has already said his vision for the team using the term "vertical attack."
Let the guy get his feet wet before we slam him.

Yeah, I seem to recall Fisch - after the season started - was catching a lot of flak. We got better as the season went on and offensively, we closed pretty strong. We all expected to build on our last four games this year, and then Fisch was gone.

Apprehension. That's normal. Panic? Still a bit early for that.

Advertisement
FSU is gonna be alright with Jeremy Pruitt running the defense. He spoke at a coach's clinic in Orlando a couple weeks ago and I was pretty impressed. I can totally see why Bama is so **** good on defense cause some of their concepts are awesome.

Yea but concepts are great on a white board. Not saying he's going to be great but dealing with him lately leaves a little left to be desired.

Smoke & Mirrors ~ NO one is gonna tip their hand at this point. No matter what they say to the media.

The reason for the concern is that we've gone through a ton of ****** offensive coordinators over the last decade or so. And the difference between a good OC and a bad OC can ruin a season. Fisch was one of the good ones. Anyone new, particularly with not much of a track record, is enough to make me nervous. That doesn't mean he won't be good. But this is a year where everything is lining up and it just sucks to have such a critical question mark.

Advertisement
I think on obvious passing downs we should move guys around, odd man fronts, hybrid-looking schemes. Have maybe 1 DL and the rest straight pass rushing DE/OLB. IF we can get off the field on 3rd down it will help us tremendously.

why are you posting FSU scheme? who here gives two phucks about FSU?

It actually has a lot to do with us.

When it comes to recruiting battles some posters will comment a long the lines of "Why would he want to go to FSU and play for that 3-4. Or, He's a big DE so playing for FSU's 3-4 has an edge on us"

The fact is.. they're keeping their 4-3

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back