Jawand Blue

jmbflame21

Junior
A VT commit 6 ft 215 lbs 3 star LB

Per TOS Golden visted him tonight and if we offer he will consider switching to the Canes. Good **** Golden.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;nPghTy1rSk4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPghTy1rSk4[/video]

Not bad

A write up from Bakas on him, he puts Blue as the #74 rated prospect in the state, 1 ahead of Gabriel Terry.

74. Jawand Blue, LB, 6-1/205/West Boca
Blue is a little undersized but plays with a great motor and he makes a lot of plays because of it. He runs from sideline to sideline all game long and shows the ability to be an explosive tackler. He's in the mold of a Virginia Tech linebacker, which is what he'll soon be.

Good Lord. We have a ****load offers out there. Golden keeps finding kids to offer.

Advertisement
Kid is a good tackler and hits hard. The ball carrier always seemed to change direction when he got to him. I wonder if he could play safety.

Advertisement
not a bad player but I want LBs with size.

For all the early talk from fans about Coach G&D targeting bigger LBs, I'm not sure reality indicates that when you look at the kids we've taken... Perryman, Paul (short), this kid, Kirby isn't huge, Witt isn't huge. Only Eddie Johnson and Northrup (seems likely gone) fit that bigger mold.

That said, I read up on this kid and his coach says he is large framed and could gain a ton of weight at the next level.

Advertisement

For all the early talk from fans about Coach G&D targeting bigger LBs, I'm not sure reality indicates that when you look at the kids we've taken... Perryman, Paul (short), this kid, Kirby isn't huge, Witt isn't huge. Only Eddie Johnson and Northrup (seems likely gone) fit that bigger mold.

That said, I read up on this kid and his coach says he is large framed and could gain a ton of weight at the next level.
I'm not at all concerned with "size". Of course we don't want midget crackheads out there, but I want guys who can run, hit and are assignment sound.

I'm just glad I don't have to worry about numbers.

I wonder how Golden is gonna do it?

Advertisement
I'm just glad I don't have to worry about numbers.

I wonder how Golden is gonna do it?

Every year there are 2-3 kids that don't make it for one reason or another. I'm sure they have the numbers figured out. If you only sign the exact number of kids for the slots you know you'll have you'll end up 2-3 kids short come August.

Those guys are 6'2" 215. How is that not big for a high school senior linebacker?

6'2" 220 pounds and he's only 17 years old?

Do not want..........too small - TheSwagger1

Advertisement
Back