• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Off-Topic January 6 committee

mr.h

I hate F$U and ND
I know this will cause chaos, but come on mods…set the rules
This will be bigger than the OJ trial.
CNN and MSNBC will have coverage starting Thursday.
Witness testimony will become public.
Leaders of the PROUD BOYS AND OATHKEEPERS charged with sedition..

ithacane

Original Grassy Gangster
Premium
Primetime TV!

However, I bet viewership is pretty low... if it's only on those 2 channels. Now if it were Depp - Heard round 2 @ Primetime... now that would be some entertainment!

SpikeUM

Senior
Premium
I think the Jan 6th investigation is a huge mistake, both politically for Dems and for the country.

We are divided roughly 45/45/10 on most topics, and very few R's or I's care about the committee or give it legitimacy. They wont be watching, so no midterm points. The number one issue by far is inflation/the economy, and this is another example of focusing on other topics instead of the elephant in the room.

Lastly, it will only invite a thorough investigation of Hunter, Joe, Frank and the entire Biden family after the midterms. And after that, whomever wins in '24 will launch another investigation. Looking back, Ford's pardon of Nixon was the right thing to do for the country, and this "investigation" should simply be shut down.

CFLCane

Junior
Premium
I think the Jan 6th investigation is a huge mistake, both politically for Dems and for the country.

We are divided roughly 45/45/10 on most topics, and very few R's or I's care about the committee or give it legitimacy. They wont be watching, so no midterm points. The number one issue by far is inflation/the economy, and this is another example of focusing on other topics instead of the elephant in the room.

Lastly, it will only invite a thorough investigation of Hunter, Joe, Frank and the entire Biden family after the midterms. And after that, whomever wins in '24 will launch another investigation. Looking back, Ford's pardon of Nixon was the right thing to do for the country, and this "investigation" should simply be shut down.
Nixon at least had the decency to resign. Trump is running for reelection. Quite a difference. Lest we forget trump was also impeached, twice.

SpikeUM

Senior
Premium
Nixon at least had the decency to resign. Trump is running for reelection. Quite a difference.

We dont know that yet, and I am not condoning whatever Trump may or may not have done. The point is drop it, its not going to go anywhere and it only harms the country.

p.s. Most recent polls have Desantis running ahead of Trump for '24.

CFLCane

Junior
Premium
We dont know that yet, and I am not condoning whatever Trump may or may not have done. The point is drop it, its not going to go anywhere and it only harms the country.

p.s. Most recent polls have Desantis running ahead of Trump for '24.

I don't give a god damn about how this looks for the mid terms or 24 election. If we aren't going to start holding leaders accountable on both sides of the aisle then what the **** are we doing.

SpikeUM

Senior
Premium
I don't give a god damn about how this looks for the mid terms or 24 election. If we aren't going to start holding leaders accountable on both sides of the aisle then why do we even have a democracy.

You are assuming he is guilty. He may or may not be, we dont know. The last election may have been stolen, we dont know for sure, but its not worth investigating at this time, for the good of the country.

Similarly, a partisan committee conducting a partisan "investigation" harms the country way more than helps.

CFLCane

Junior
Premium
You are assuming he is guilty. He may or may not be, we dont know. The last election may have been stolen, we dont know for sure, but its not worth investigating at this time, for the good of the country.

Similarly, a partisan committee conducting a partisan "investigation" harms the country way more than helps.

Fortunately you don't speak for the good of the country or the families of those who died on jan 6th. The facts will speak for themselves and if the democrats turn this into some sideshow then they deserve to pay the price for that and they will.

SpikeUM

Senior
Premium
Fortunately you don't speak for the good of the country or the families of those who died on jan 6th. The facts will speak for themselves and if the democrats turn this into some sideshow then they deserve to pay the price for that and they will.

So if Trump wins in '24, with an R congress, and they want to reopen the '20 election, you are good with that? You should be, using your logic.

Right or wrong, left or right, its sometimes better let sleeping dogs lie.

CFLCane

Junior
Premium
So if Trump wins in '24, with an R congress, and they want to reopen the '20 election, you are good with that? You should be, using your logic.

Right or wrong, left or right, its sometimes better let sleeping dogs lie.

They can reopen whatever they want. Go ahead and reopen benghazi too while they're at it. It'll be a great distraction from them failing to overturn obamacare for their 87th try.

ithacane

Original Grassy Gangster
Premium
I’m good with this Primetime event… as long as they also have hearings and question everything about the event… including why the mayor and Pelosi didn’t approve of using the national guard that was given the green light, what were the FBI agents that they embedded into the crowd doing during the “insurrection”, how come they arrested people right away and they have cameras everywhere… but no cameras caught who planted the pipe bombs at the RNC or DNC?

I’m all for proper prosecution of those that broke the law. But everything needs to be answered for, not just a one sided political charade

SpikeUM

Senior
Premium
I just read this, but the last 10 or so paragraphs are part of my thinking. The committee even hired a television guy to produce the hearings:

"Axios, which first reported Goldston’s involvement, wrote that he was “busily producing” the hearing “as if it were a blockbuster investigative special.”

NC_Canes_11

All American
She got what she deserved. They should shot more of them. Bunch of savages.

So what was your point about the “families of the dead”? I hope you didn’t think you were gonna be allowed to parrot that lie in here.

Sounds like you’re a big Kyle Rittenhouse fan. He should’ve shot more of those savages, don’t you agree? I’ll also save this response for when the cops shoot somebody else for breaking and entering or assault. I’m sure your views will be the same then, too.

SpikeUM

Senior
Premium
They can reopen whatever they want. Go ahead and reopen benghazi too while they're at it. It'll be a great distraction from them failing to overturn obamacare for their 87th try.
I am sorry that you are so partisan that you cant see the trees from the forest. Lets just agree to disagree and no longer respond to each other.