Jalen Rivers...

Hoyacane1620

Recruit
Rivers and Williams are were at UGA yesterday with their parents. It seems they've been up there like 4 times already. Yesterday they spent the time with academic people, going to student cafe, hanging with the players, etc. From their interview:

"We asked what would happen if we wanted to commit today, whether they would accept us," Williams said. "They did not seem surprised when we asked that and they definitely said Jalen and I are at the top of their board and we can come to Georgia whenever we want.

"Georgia was already at the top of our list, but today's visit definitely helped them even more," Williams said. "I cannot tell you specifically where they are at but they have made it know we are high priorities for them and they are high priorities for us."

"Florida is Georgia's biggest competition," Williams said. "They have been on us hard. I cannot necessarily say they have been after us longer than Georgia has, but with the new staff, they have been on us hard since Dan Mullen got on campus. So we are trying to give them a fair fight and take everything into account. The feedback has been good, they have messaged us every day, and we feel pretty comfortable when we get up there. They talk to us like we are on the team already, so that is kind of why Florida and Georgia are right now neck and neck."

Doesn't sound like there's much interest in Miami. Williams also pointed out Hartley was recruiting him at Miami and now he is there with the coaches from UGA and Florida who have been recruiting them for years.... Lot of work to do here for sure....

Drewny1

Redshirt Freshman
Rivers and Williams are were at UGA yesterday with their parents. It seems they've been up there like 4 times already. Yesterday they spent the time with academic people, going to student cafe, hanging with the players, etc. From their interview:

"We asked what would happen if we wanted to commit today, whether they would accept us," Williams said. "They did not seem surprised when we asked that and they definitely said Jalen and I are at the top of their board and we can come to Georgia whenever we want.

"Georgia was already at the top of our list, but today's visit definitely helped them even more," Williams said. "I cannot tell you specifically where they are at but they have made it know we are high priorities for them and they are high priorities for us."

"Florida is Georgia's biggest competition," Williams said. "They have been on us hard. I cannot necessarily say they have been after us longer than Georgia has, but with the new staff, they have been on us hard since Dan Mullen got on campus. So we are trying to give them a fair fight and take everything into account. The feedback has been good, they have messaged us every day, and we feel pretty comfortable when we get up there. They talk to us like we are on the team already, so that is kind of why Florida and Georgia are right now neck and neck."

Doesn't sound like there's much interest in Miami. Williams also pointed out Hartley was recruiting him at Miami and now he is there with the coaches from UGA and Florida who have been recruiting them for years.... Lot of work to do here for sure....
Honestly, I think we will be fine without them.

htownkidd

Freshman
Typical fluff

I think we are sitting 3rd at best but obviously hope I'm wrong. As bad as we need talented OL, I think his teammate is the superior prospect. Unfortunately I don't think we get him either.

Hoyacane1620

Recruit
They not only watched practice, spoke to Manny personally for a nice amount of time, met Calais Campbell, etc they also sat with academic staff and talked about majors, classroom stuff. Rivers, in particular, was impressed with what he heard there. He sat with a professor in the major area he is interested in , looked at syllabi, and heard what it's like being a student. These one on one informal visits seems to be really effective.