Jalen Rivers...

252cane

All-ACC
247 dropped his ranking a lot a couple weeks ago. They have him barely a 4 star with a 90.

Tayt21

Sophomore
1-on-1s without pads are worthless for OL. OL are set up to fail in this setting. There’s always a 2-way go for the rushers since they have no inside help, you have a stationary cone instead of a QB in the pocket that can step up, and they can’t anchor against a bull-rush or a speed-to-power rush because they don’t have the shoulder pads to lock into and anchor and settle down. I wouldn’t even take this into consideration when evaluating OL. Outside of times when players like Evan Neal dominate despite all of this, these are meaningless.

Astcloud11

Senior
1-on-1s without pads are worthless for OL. OL are set up to fail in this setting. There’s always a 2-way go for the rushers since they have no inside help, you have a stationary cone instead of a QB in the pocket that can step up, and they can’t anchor against a bull-rush or a speed-to-power rush because they don’t have the shoulder pads to lock into and anchor and settle down. I wouldn’t even take this into consideration when evaluating OL. Outside of times when players like Evan Neal dominate despite all of this, these are meaningless.
The drills are there for a reason. Can he block man to man. Yes or no?

Astcloud11

Senior
Not saying if you can't do this without pads, that you suck with pads on...but you can't totally just disregard the outcome and movement

Drewny1

Redshirt Freshman
One can say with pads it probably would have been worst for Rivers

dwreck27

Senior
How are you doing Mr/Mrs Rivers... that’s a lot of excuses you presented...

I have no clue who he went up against but I feel a 4star talent should be better than that