Jake Garcia update

brcane1

Sophomore
Over /under in seasons Enos stays

Hopefully manny signed him to a 3 year deal with nice incentives
Until Dantonio retires.

hoops156

Senior
These is stuff out there that Enos will only be here a year. I would think Manny signed him in for 3 at least.

But ya never know. Coaching is always a mystery here. Simpson and kool both disappeared really quick.

Hopefully we can hold on to Enos for a while. I mean the dude in making 1.25 mil a year..
simpson got an NFL job. Kool stayed for 2 years and interviewed for jobs every offseason with the nFL. finally he was cut loose after he thought he was getting the bucs job. haven't heard anything on a one year enos stay so not sure where youre getting that from

RC26

Recruit
simpson got an NFL job. Kool stayed for 2 years and interviewed for jobs every offseason with the nFL. finally he was cut loose after he thought he was getting the bucs job. haven't heard anything on a one year enos stay so not sure where youre getting that from
The most concern I’ve seen about Enos being here only one season is if Dantonio at Michigan State has another bad season. Which is a legitimate possibility.

RC26

Recruit
And who said he wants to coach for Michigan st?
-Born and raised in Michigan.
-Alma Mater
-Was an assistant there for 4 years roughly 10 years ago.

If Dantonio is pushed out/suggested to retire after another bad season and he gets our offense going in the right direction which we all think he will, I think it’s a foregone conclusion he’d be Sparty’s #1 target.

caneofny

Sophomore
And who said he wants to coach for Michigan st?
I have a buddy who is well connected in the CFB coaching circles. When Enos was hired he said what a great hire it was and that, according to his “sources”, he really has no interest in being a head coach. Apparently didn’t like it. Take with grain of salt, but this is what I’m told...🤷🏻‍♂️

252cane

All-ACC
I have a buddy who is well connected in the CFB coaching circles. When Enos was hired he said what a great hire it was and that, according to his “sources”, he really has no interest in being a head coach. Apparently didn’t like it. Take with grain of salt, but this is what I’m told...🤷🏻‍♂️
He quit as hc of c.michigan and took the oc job at arkansas. He is a different type of guy. I think he did mention he would like to be a hc again one day but not right now.

sfowler06

Junior
-Born and raised in Michigan.
-Alma Mater
-Was an assistant there for 4 years roughly 10 years ago.

If Dantonio is pushed out/suggested to retire after another bad season and he gets our offense going in the right direction which we all think he will, I think it’s a foregone conclusion he’d be Sparty’s #1 target.
U still didn't answer my question...

D7.

All-American
He quit as hc of c.michigan and took the oc job at arkansas. He is a different type of guy. I think he did mention he would like to be a hc again one day but not right now.
We all know how quickly that changes when the right opportunity comes knocking.

Arehel

Redshirt Freshman
Being a HC isnt as fun if you're a guy like Enos, where you just love the chess match and calling plays. Think CMR where he left UGA wasnt having fun being CEO no more and just wanted to call plays.

If anything his next move may be the NFL, as a QB coach or OC. Based on previous stops and offenses, would fit in well.

Excited to see the next chapter in Umiami, exciting times.

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Over /under in seasons Enos stays

Hopefully manny signed him to a 3 year deal with nice incentives
It's hard to figure out what motivates Enos. I'm not 100% sure he wants to be a head coach again. He was the head coach at Central Michigan from 2010-2014. The reason I say that is that I'm sure he could have got a P5 head coaching job after staying at Alabama one more year. I would think he would have considered all his options to fast track to a P5 head coaching job if that is his motivation. Some people have different motivations in life. Who would have thought Enos would have left Saban at Alabama for a lateral move. Perhaps .it's a simple as he didn't like working for Saban.

At minimum, I hope we have him for 3 years. The problem is that the more the success the offense and team has, schools will call on him throwing a lot of money his way. Best case is he falls in love with Miami and we win a national championship. I'm sure Manny told Enos that the offense is his baby and he has full control of it. He is the head coach of the offense if you will. It has to be a great feeling having full control and not worrying about the head coach telling you how he wants his offense ran. It's not a bad deal getting a million dollars (future) a year and not having all the responsibilities of a head coach. Enos as a former QB, I can also see him having great satisfaction in coaching QBs. He would lose that as a head coach.

Let's see how it plays out. The good news is I believe we have the right person for the job. If Enos does eventually leave, let's hope he leaves us in a place where the offense is humming and it's just plug-n-play with a new OC.

A1cane

Freshman
Being a HC isnt as fun if you're a guy like Enos, where you just love the chess match and calling plays. Think CMR where he left UGA wasnt having fun being CEO no more and just wanted to call plays.

If anything his next move may be the NFL, as a QB coach or OC. Based on previous stops and offenses, would fit in well.

Excited to see the next chapter in Umiami, exciting times.
If what the guy quoted said is true I agree %100 with what you said if he leaves it will be for a nfl oc gig. Which is great for miami because that means we should be able to keep him for 3 years. And who knows maybe he stays and we keep a staff for a while which miami has never done

Offense will improve significantly from last year but 2020 is when Enos will be on the top of everyone’s list. The offense in the 2nd year with a returning QB, 5 starters on the OL, 2 stud JR TEs, and a more mature WR room (minus Osbourn and maybe JT4) should be among the best in CFB.