Jake Garcia thoughts

Advertisement
I don't get excited about recruits anymore. We will see if he has the goods in due time. Chances are, he will play under multiple OCs. So, who knows how this kid will develop.

We signed the #5 Pro Style QB, and I'm glad we got him. He's got the talent and the raw tools. Now it's up to our coaches to develop him and put him in position to succeed. He doesn't need to be a DT QB. ****, I think like 4 of Clemson's last 5 QB recruits have been Pro Style. Just needs to be mobile enough to run when it's given to him.

Lashlee should be good enough to tailor a good offense around this kid. Let him and TVD push either other.

I don't get excited about recruits anymore. We will see if he has the goods in due time. Chances are, he will play under multiple OCs. So, who knows how this kid will develop.
Running backs and maybe receivers you know you'll have a good chance of seeing real soon, but most other positions the reward for being excited about getting them doesn't pay off soon enough if ever.

Advertisement
We signed the #5 Pro Style QB, and I'm glad we got him. He's got the talent and the raw tools. Now it's up to our coaches to develop him and put him in position to succeed. He doesn't need to be a DT QB. ****, I think like 4 of Clemson's last 5 QB recruits have been Pro Style. Just needs to be mobile enough to run when it's given to him.

Lashlee should be good enough to tailor a good offense around this kid. Let him and TVD push either other.
ESPN has him #18 overall and #2 pro.

Oline will be the key whether Garcia is hit or miss. I saw a less mobile Ryan Tannehill.
A good OC could scheme around this OL.

I realize with covid lurking about this past year. Lashlee didn't have a fair shake coming into the season but 3 quarters of the way in. We should've seen some growth and his offense shouldn't have been ghost for the most part of the UNC game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If that were true you wouldn't be lurking and posting on the recruiting forum.

I'm a fan of the team. Therefore, I follow recruiting. Following recruiting and getting excited about a recruit's potential / star rating are very different things. Try and keep up.

Advertisement
If he has the work ethic he's going to be a star. Johnny Football type vibe from this kid.
WR play has to improve no doubt and they have to figure out how to first catch it and then when that is down figure out how to catch a contested one.

I think though it is in the offensive line. If we start seeing massive improvements there it becomes a little easier to succeed because you will have time to go through your reads.

WR play has to improve no doubt and they have to figure out how to first catch it and then when that is down figure out how to catch a contested one.

I think though it is in the offensive line. If we start seeing massive improvements there it becomes a little easier to succeed because you will have time to go through your reads.
I'm honestly not a fan of any QB who isn't mobile. This kid though seems like he has star potential. I get the feeling he is a personality fit with the locker room. Maybe even more than TVD.

Advertisement
Back