Official Jackson Carver visiting next week (Commits, 6.14!)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some interesting notes on Carver from the cookout:

Carver told Shodell he was the one who started the current commit group chat. He said he told the staff he was part of a great one when he was committed to ND for lax. He told them he was going to start the Miami commit chat and he did. He said everyone can add people as they commit to the Canes. He mentioned they are pretty active in the chat....

Shodell noted he felt Carver presents himself as a real leader and has a great personality.

Advertisement

Carver told Shodell he was the one who started the current commit group chat. He said he told the staff he was part of a great one when he was committed to ND for lax. He told them he was going to start the Miami commit chat and he did. He said everyone can add people as they commit to the Canes. He mentioned they are pretty active in the chat....

Shodell noted he felt Carver presents himself as a real leader and has a great personality.
Going to be fascinating to see how this kids career plays out. He could easily grow into a LT, DE, or stick to TE. Either way, the kid is a leader!

some rumblings we may like the kid as an edge rusher...found that interesting.

**** yeah

This kid has absurd upside

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid isn’t going to be a LT lol, kill that noise. I could see edge though, but I love the kid at TE and fully expect for him to start off there. He is a raw jumbo athlete with a high ceiling. Redshirt him and let him blossom. I don’t think he has anywhere near the growth potential to be an OT. He will max out in 240-245 area to remain effective. Mikeska, who will likely play in the 250’s, is much closer to that even though I believe its 0% chance he ends up on the OL either. I think that whole “we will convert one of these TE’s to OL” narrative was just a fairytale created by some cane fans to try to justify taking 3 TE’s lol. We are taking 3 TE’s because this is a TE heavy offense and they all bring something different to the table and competition is necessary for success. We are taking 6 OL minimum as it is. If we want more, we can just recruit and sign more, no need for to convert anyone lol. All JMO of course.

Kid isn’t going to be a LT lol, kill that noise. I could see edge though, but I love the kid at TE and fully expect for him to start off there. He is a raw jumbo athlete with a high ceiling. Redshirt him and let him blossom. I don’t think he has anywhere near the growth potential to be an OT. Mikeska is much closer to that even though I believe its 0% chance he ends up on the OL either. I think that whole “we will convert one of these TE’s to OL” narrative was just a fairytale created by some cane fans to try to justify taking 3 TE’s lol. We are taking 3 TE’s because this is a TE heavy offense and they all bring something different to the table and competition is necessary for success. We are taking 6 OL minimum as it is. If we want more, we can just recruit and sign more, no need for to convert anyone lol. All JMO of course.
Jumbo athletes with those types of hands don’t just grow on trees.

If he does expirement between DE and TE, just don't move him back and forth like we did with Patchan. Given him his RS year to find a position and stick with it.

Advertisement
Back