Official Jackson Carver visiting next week (Commits, 6.14!)

as a former lacrosse player, i will tell you that the football coach that can crack the lacrosse code, has a real advantage in evaluation.

everyone wants to talk about how great basketball is as the second sport for football players. that' true, but IMHO, i'd much rather see a kid play lacrosse over hoops if he had to only pick one
Huge lacrosse fan here bud. Never played, first saw it at Avon (AOF) during a PG year. Did you play in college?

My son plays now and I love watching the game.

Advertisement
Huge lacrosse fan here bud. Never played, first saw it at Avon (AOF) during a PG year. Did you play in college?

I'm with you. Never played either, but both of my sons play it and I'm hooked. To bad it's so expensive that it prices out less affluent communities.

Yes, especially here in (chi) illinois!
I grew up in Aurora and went to West High. When I got to UM in 1998, I told people I was from Chicago. Then, I met a couple of young women from Chicago who made it very clear to me that I was not from Chicago. Ever since then, I would just say that I'm from Aurora, or if I think the people I'm talking to would have no idea where Aurora is, I just say I'm from "Chicagoland." Less commonly, I'll say I'm from northern Illinois.

I grew up in Aurora and went to West High. When I got to UM in 1998, I told people I was from Chicago. Then, I met a couple of young women from Chicago who made it very clear to me that I was not from Chicago. Ever since then, I would just say that I'm from Aurora, or if I think the people I'm talking to would have no idea where Aurora is, I just say I'm from "Chicagoland." Less commonly, I'll say I'm from northern Illinois.
There definitely is a distinction between being from chicago or being from somewhere in illinois!

Advertisement
My grandfather attended Culver long ago. Great school, tough academics, and very affluent. One of the coolest photos of him was when he was part of the black horse troop. One of my brothers just passed unexpectedly at 41 and has his sword from the photo. Beautiful campus, old world construction, regimented, and traditional military academy.

I know nothing about our lacrosse team. Anyone have any insight there? I wonder how serious he is with that or if he's looking to do one or both?

Advertisement
My grandfather attended Culver long ago. Great school, tough academics, and very affluent. One of the coolest photos of him was when he was part of the black horse troop. One of my brothers just passed unexpectedly at 41 and has his sword from the photo. Beautiful campus, old world construction, regimented, and traditional military academy.

I know nothing about our lacrosse team. Anyone have any insight there? I wonder how serious he is with that or if he's looking to do one or both?
We only have a club team. Usually pretty solid though because of the portion of our student body from the northeast and mid-Atlantic

I played against Avon when they came down to FL years ago the year Palmer Trinity won the state championship.

Advertisement
From Rivals:

-Miami is his first OV. He will be at Bama on June 15 to work out at a camp - he currently doesn't have a Bama offer.
He is setting up an OV to LSU for next weekend and will visit Iowa on an OV the last weekend of June.

Carver says Auburn and South Carolina are also still in his picture, and he may either take unofficial visits there this month or midweek official visits.

“I love Miami. everything about the school and program is great,” Carver said. “The coaching staff, I’ve gotten really close with them the past couple of months. It’s just kind of going down to reassure my feeling about them. They’re near the top of my list. I don’t have a specific order for my top schools, but it’s near the top.”

“I hear from them every day (Stephen Field and Mario Cristobal),” Carver said. “It’s about how much they want me there, how excited they are to get me on campus again.”

Seems like Miami is in a good spot here - the only potential wildcard being a Bama offer

He wants to make a decision after June visits, possibly in early July

Advertisement
From Rivals:

-Miami is his first OV. He will be at Bama on June 15 to work out at a camp - he currently doesn't have a Bama offer.
He is setting up an OV to LSU for next weekend and will visit Iowa on an OV the last weekend of June.

Carver says Auburn and South Carolina are also still in his picture, and he may either take unofficial visits there this month or midweek official visits.

“I love Miami. everything about the school and program is great,” Carver said. “The coaching staff, I’ve gotten really close with them the past couple of months. It’s just kind of going down to reassure my feeling about them. They’re near the top of my list. I don’t have a specific order for my top schools, but it’s near the top.”

“I hear from them every day (Stephen Field and Mario Cristobal),” Carver said. “It’s about how much they want me there, how excited they are to get me on campus again.”

Seems like Miami is in a good spot here - the only potential wildcard being a Bama offer

He wants to make a decision after June visits, possibly in early July
I really like him. Potential is high.

Advertisement
Back