itsthatguy- re: Leggett

CaneLos

Retired staff
Premium
Hearing he's decided to take the Kevin Grooms route and go to Marshall as a partial qualifier. Holla at Amos and let us know wazzup with him. TIA.

Advertisement
MODERATOR STATEMENT:

RidDLer80 - Please maintain a premium level of decorum when posting on this board. Race-based stuff should be kept to the WEZ.

Thanks,

SFbayCane & the CanesInsight.com Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Tells me all I need to know.

I'd like to wish him the best in all his future endeavors.

The kid is taking a beating on the Canes boards for this decision. For me, Im not yet convinced that its a bad move for him. He will be attending a 4 year institution that matches his academic skillset on full scholarship. If he gets his grades in place he will be a 4 year starter there (at the mid-major level).

I dunno, maybe its me but I dont see that as a failure for this kid. Some kids are who they are, I guess.

The kid is taking a beating on the Canes boards for this decision. For me, Im not yet convinced that its a bad move for him. He will be attending a 4 year institution that matches his academic skillset on full scholarship. If he gets his grades in place he will be a 4 year starter there (at the mid-major level).

I dunno, maybe its me but I dont see that as a failure for this kid. Some kids are who they are, I guess.

The kid could go to a Prep School or JUCO and fall off the face of the earth like so many do...

OR

He could take a scholarship offer from a mid-major program and lock himself into a potential 4-year degree and be a long time starter if he's the real deal.

Considering it is a kid that bounced around to four different schools and without football, probably is working at Walmart after graduation...most would say that ain't too shabby.

Advertisement
Yeah I can't fault the kid and obviously don't know his whole situation. Maybe even with a year of prep, he can't get into Miami.

I think some people are all over him because, as a partial qualifier, he can't play this year at Marshall anyway so they want him to Prep/Juco and then sign with Miami in 2014.

Only this kid knows his situation, maybe Miami coaches told him he will never be able to get it. Who really knows.

Regardless, hope he gets it together for himself and his kid. I'll be routing for him if he ends up at Marshall, if FSU then its another story.

I sent him a text a few weeks ago and no response. Unfortunately I've just been swarmed at work lately. I'm going to speak to a mutual friend this week and see what's up, but we kept telling AJ to stop transferring once he landed at BTW. We tried so hard to help him once I met him his freshman year, but kids all mature differently and have different people in their ears. If I can pull his ear a moment and tell him to go prep and then grey **** I'd feel better about it actually happening, but the kid is laying low, which I get. I feel real bad for him, good kid with a kid of his own. Just a crappy set of circumstances.

I'll let you guys know what's up once I get some info.

I sent him a text a few weeks ago and no response. Unfortunately I've just been swarmed at work lately. I'm going to speak to a mutual friend this week and see what's up, but we kept telling AJ to stop transferring once he landed at BTW. We tried so hard to help him once I met him his freshman year, but kids all mature differently and have different people in their ears. If I can pull his ear a moment and tell him to go prep and then grey **** I'd feel better about it actually happening, but the kid is laying low, which I get. I feel real bad for him, good kid with a kid of his own. Just a crappy set of circumstances.

Good lookin out. I really like the kid....I think he's a top tier CB, but much like other talented kids in sofla he has people in his ear who arent lookin out for his best interest.

Advertisement

What's your connection here? Did I miss something?

What's your connection here? Did I miss something?

I've known AJ for about 3 years now.

I think it's stupid. Why not ball out in prep school and go to an SEC school?

Where would be Grooms be right now if he went to prep school and dominated? Probably would have had more interest than he did as a high school senior.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back