It's Like the Florida Series isnt Even Happening...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sweet unis. Expected results. Only gonna get worse over the next 2 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I was at the game. Faedo is as advertised. He is nasty. This UF starting rotation may be top 5 ever. It is nasty. Lepore and Maury also looked really good. I wish Michelangeli would have handled that ball in which they scored. If he fields that, it's a DP and no run scored. I honestly don't know how you can be that mad about that game. We just went 1-0 against a top 3 pitcher in nation, against a top 3 team in nation, at their place. Before the season we talked about how it would take a little time to get this team going. We lost a ton of talent. The offense is going to have to manufacture runs. That's just the way this team is going to be. You don't lose Collins, Abreu, Heyward, and Lopez, and then the 2nd week of the season rip a top 5 pitcher. Now the one thing that has ****ed me off is that with this team needing to be more of a speed team, why doesn't James davison play? I assume we are waiting for Ruiz to get healthy enough to play SS? Gali is an automatic out. We need the spark of Davison. I would love to get out of Gainesville with a win but don't think it happens. Our ACC schedule starts out brutal too with GT, NC state, and UNC all early. It's a long season. Try and enjoy it a little.

Last edited:
I was at the game. Faedo is as advertised. He is nasty. This UF starting rotation may be top 5 ever. It is nasty. Lepore and Maury also looked really good. I wish Michelangeli would have handled that ball in which they scored. If he fields that, it's a DP and no run scored. I honestly don't know how you can be that mad about that game. We just went 1-0 against a top 3 pitcher in nation, against a top 3 team in nation, at their place. Before the season we talked about how it would take a little time to get this team going. We lost a ton of talent. The offense is going to have to manufacture runs. That's just the way this team is going to be. You don't lose Collins, Abreu, Heyward, and Lopez, and then the 2nd week of the season rip a top 5 pitcher. Now the one thing that has ****ed me off is that with this team needing to be more of a speed team, why doesn't James davison play? I assume we are waiting for Ruiz to get healthy enough to play SS? Gali is an automatic out. We need the spark of Davison. I would love to get out of Gainesville with a win but don't think it happens. Our ACC schedule starts out brutal too with GT, NC state, and UNC all early. It's a long season. Try and enjoy it a little.

Agree on Davison and I think Morris will have to get Veliz' bat in the lineup as well - I know he didn't have any hits the first weekend, but he has a nice stroke. And I know Burns is a great story and the kid is a gamer, but I don't see him staying near the top of the order for long - he steps in the bucket on every pitch. Good pitchers will just work him away and he'll have trouble hitting the ball hard anywhere. And Chester and Ruiz had better get it going soon, as it's unrealistic to expect the newcomers to carry us.

If Mediavilla doesn't get his act together, this team could really struggle in the ACC, and our ACC road schedule this year looks very tough. On a positive note, we seem to have some live young arms if we can find some offense somehow.

Advertisement
I hate losing to UF, but goodness Lepore and company pitched their tails off last night against one of the better lineups in the country. Plus, We're not going to see many pitchers the rest of this season as good as Faedo and he was brilliant last night. Hopefully we can find a way to steal one this weekend.

Gators lost more talent than we did after last season. They reload with multiple first rounders every year. We are clearly outclased by them as a program. Not to detract from Lepore's effort, but the end result is the same as usual. 9 years in a row is beyond a trend or a slump. It's no longer interesting.

Advertisement

Exactly. This is supposed to be fun. Remember the grind of competing for national titles? Glad all of that is gone. Just cheer for our Canes.

I agree, UF lost more talent on the mound then us certainly but not at the plate. Yes, this offense is going to be rough. We knew that. That is why I was mad Davison hasn't been playing. He is starting tonight. We need speed to have some sort of spark. We also need Gali out of the lineup and Ruiz at SS to get Tackett to DH. I really have no idea what Bargfeldt is going to do tonight. Let's hope we keep it close and manufacture some runs. Go Canes.

Not much to cheer for in games against Florida. Honestly embarrassing how bad we are against them.

Advertisement
Back