Isaiah Bond - enters portal, enrolls at Texas, flexes a Lamborghini (lol)

A tiger don't change it Stripes...

Who Manny has shown us since he's been here is who he is.
I tend to agree with most of your commentary but not this one.

Manny has continually evolved as a coach and I will use this year as a litmus test to see if he is actually willing to deviate and play younger, better athletes.

My belief is that last year covid shortened the learning ramp for many incoming freshman leading to a greater discrepancy in experience and familiarity between upper and lower classman.

With a full off season, I expect we will see the better players play regardless of seniority. It's year 3 and the time to win is now.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Manny has continually evolved as a coach and I will use this year as a litmus test go see if he is actually willing to deviate and play younger, better athletes.

My belief is that last year covid shortened the learning ramp for many incoming freshman leading to a greater discrepancy in experience and familiarity between upper and lower classman.

With a full off season, I expect we will see the better players play regardless of seniority. It's year 3 and the time to win is now.
TRUTH

Manny has continually evolved as a coach and I will use this year as a litmus test go see if he is actually willing to deviate and play younger, better athletes.

We shall see.

Isn’t that usually the case everywhere? Elite guys can crack the lineup. Lesser freshmen only get starts out of necessity? Also, Duke wasn’t even the starter as a freshman, Mike James actually got more carries.
Pope & Wiggins are very experienced.

Neither has had a more than 35 catches in a season, should we stick with them?

Advertisement

If at 1st (or 36 times) you don’t succeed - try try again.

They’re due bro. Just keep getting them the ball. I can feel it. One of these times they’re gonna catch and run with it.

Seriously, no excuse for not getting Keyshawn more reps last year.

If at 1st (or 36 times) you don’t succeed - try try again.

They’re due bro. Just keep getting them the ball. I can feel it. One of these times they’re gonna catch and run with it.

Seriously, no excuse for not getting Keyshawn more reps last year.
I agree.

& If they don't play well this year, there's always next year too.

I agree.

& If they don't play well this year, there's always next year too.
I have to believe that it’s going to be different this year. He’s seen what sticking with people who don’t get it done can do to a coach and he has to know the importance here, especially with the defensive staff changes. If he continues the same seniority thing he deserves the consequences. I just have a feeling it’ll be different. If not then this will be another Alf/Dorito, Mork/Jorn result.

1617912524487.png

Advertisement

Not if there's better options. Just remember it wasn't long ago when you could say the same exact thing about Cager and Langham. Why keep running those bums out there when we have guys like Pope and Wiggins rotting away on the bench? I heard Pope is thinking about transferring.

I have to believe that it’s going to be different this year. He’s seen what sticking with people who don’t get it done can do to a coach and he has to know the importance here, especially with the defensive staff changes. If he continues the same seniority thing he deserves the consequences. I just have a feeling it’ll be different. If not then this will be another Alf/Dorito, Mork/Jorn result.
I would have to assume so also. I mean, eventually you have to pull the plug. The guy has had no issue pulling the plug on coaches who weren't doing their job. It's time to have the same mentality with players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Scheduled an OV to Bama for June 18

Georgia athlete Isaiah Bond tells BamaOnLine he's scheduled to officially visit Tuscaloosa on June 18. The Buford standout earned an offer from the Crimson Tide, along with a number of others, earlier this spring.

A starstruck moment to be able to receive an offer like that,” Bond told BamaOnLine. “These things don’t come around often. Also shared the moment with my teammate, Jake Pope, he also has an offer, so we talked over it a couple times when I got it. It’s a great overall feeling.”

The Tide is now among Bond's top five, along with Georgia, Miami, Pittsburgh, and Wisconsin.

Advertisement
Back