Isaiah Bond - enters portal, enrolls at Texas, flexes a Lamborghini (lol)

Advertisement
Advertisement
No idea what your problem is. The OP referenced him as a cb recruit and his recruiting profile on 247 does, too. I’m glad to hear we’re not looking at him as one at this point in the cycle.
I think the letter CB in the original message was for “crystal ball” as opposed to ”corner back”

We need a different abbreviation for crystal ball. Too confusing.

I think the letter CB in the original message was for “crystal ball” as opposed to ”corner back”

We need a different abbreviation for crystal ball. Too confusing.
The cb in the first paragraph was but the second paragraph seemed to say taking him early was surprising because of the local CB (cornerback) options. Combined with his recruiting profile on 247 listing him as a CB prospect that’s what I read anyhow.

Agreed, CB has two different meanings here.

Either way, hope we’re evaluating well!

For the track folks:

How fast is 7.00 as a sophomore in the 60 meters? Is it a nationally competitive time?
On a quick google search, anthony schwartz ran a 6.59 and tyson campbell ran a 6.72 as high schoolers.

Based on that, an actual 7.0 as a junior would seem to me to be very credible - not elite but fast enough.

but fractions matter here so how timed and circumstances matter. don’t know any of that.

Advertisement
Going to be a burner absolutely roll the carpet out for this kid.... could end the season 10.5 and then as a senior depending on coaching he could be a 10.3-10.4. He’s going to be fast enough to run in college if he wants.
10.7 is a long way from 10.3 at that end of the distribution curve. But he definitely can run well enough. remember, speed is only one attribute. mark pope ran a 10.6 iirc as a senior.

Track guy fast, straight line, not great hands
got it. haven’t seen all the comments in the thread.

one obvious difference is schwartz had / has legit elite speed, and this kid doesn’t. he’s nowhere near as fast as schwartz.

the hands and other traits obviously matter. i hope we don’t convince ourselves they don’t as long as a kid runs track.

Advertisement
The cb in the first paragraph was but the second paragraph seemed to say taking him early was surprising because of the local CB (cornerback) options. Combined with his recruiting profile on 247 listing him as a CB prospect that’s what I read anyhow.

Agreed, CB has two different meanings here.

Either way, hope we’re evaluating well!
We need a suggestion how to distinguish CB (crystal ball) from CB (corner back). Please provide ideas because I re-read the original post 3-4 times and the comments afterwards to try and figure it out and after reading your comment its clear I did not figure it out.

We need a suggestion how to distinguish CB (crystal ball) from CB (corner back). Please provide ideas because I re-read the original post 3-4 times and the comments afterwards to try and figure it out and after reading your comment its clear I did not figure it out.
I suggest cornerback stays CB and crystal ball gets changed to $CB$, so that we all remember they are mostly just clickbait.

Normally I wouldn’t pay too much attention to ratings this time of year. Plenty of kids are still getting reviewed and offers are still going out.

This one is interesting because Buford isn’t an under the radar program. Simpson is an obvious connection but T Rob is the CB guy. We’re hearing about Manny not calling Little, wondering if we’d take his commitment right now ... now this kid commits.

I have no view on this kid, haven’t looked at any film, just find it all interesting. Recruiting is a puzzle. This stuff makes it fun. Hope they know what they’re doing.
I liked the post as some pieces we're correct, but not the part on Little/TRob as this kid is being recruited by Likens and Simpson as a WR not DB.

Advertisement
Can he run a route tree? Does he have good acceleration at the top of his routes? Any wiggle after the catch?
Very few HS wr can run the route tree..very few College offense requires these kids to do so..can he catch a Adidas brand football is the question

Advertisement
Back