Isaiah Bond - enters portal, enrolls at Texas, flexes a Lamborghini (lol)

Advertisement
The power of negative thinking.
I hope it works LCE.
It's not negative thinking it's 100% facts.

The last WR we had that played/started as a TF was Ahmmon which was 5 years ago in 2016.

I can guarantee you Bond would not play as a TF if he signed with Miami. I mean he might play sparingly on ST's & in our annual FCS game against a team like Bethune, FAMU etc, but I'm not off base in saying he wouldn't play right away if he signed here.

**** we have 3 higher ranked TF WR's coming in August who will barely play lol.

It would say something if a kid can see playing time faster at UGA or Bama than Miami and it’s not bc of less talent. You think that’s gonna continue on both sides of the ball this year or you think Manny knows it’s a losing philosophy and it’s all open?

Hoping he’s learned.
A tiger don't change it Stripes...

Who Manny has shown us since he's been here is who he is.

We need to recruit Texas more...

Georgia kids like FL kids are just too unpredictable & are always waiting for the next big offer.

However, I can’t blame him if he doesn’t come here, he probably knows he wouldn’t play right away anyway.

In your opinion is this kid good enough to play as a freshman at Bama or Georgia?

Advertisement

The last WR we had that played/started as a TF was Ahmmon which was 5 years ago in 2016.

I can guarantee you Bond would not play as a TF if he signed with Miami. I mean he might play sparingly on ST's & in our annual FCS game against a team like Bethune, FAMU etc, but I'm not off base in saying he wouldn't play right away if he signed here.

LCE.... i like brinson to see the field this year. Feel like he's the best wr prospect we've had since AR so idk

So a guy like Wiggins who you currently don't want to see was good enough to get extended time as a freshman? Maybe he had better hands back then. Should Pope have taken snaps away from Thomas or Cager? Ezzard who transferred to GT? Which of these former young WRs that you now don't want to see shoulda taken snaps away from older guys. WR evaluations are a bigger problem then dispersal of snaps. Jeff Thomas played plenty as a freshman. This is now two HCs and three WR coaches who have decided that young WRs aren't good enough. We'll see what happens with Smith, Restrepo and Redding going forward.

Recruit better players that you can't help but play would be my first suggestion. Thomas and Richards were too good to be kept off the field.

Last edited:
Advertisement

freshman Jeff Thomas was the third leading WR in 2017.

2018, freshman Dee Wiggins, Mark Pope, Brian Hightower, and Ezzard all still suck, so cant argue they should've played.

2019, Payton still doesn't know a playbook or what route to run.

2020, covid complications.

Really, the only valid complaint there is 2020, which just so happens to be the weirdest CFB season in the last century. No spring, covid players out, etc.

freshman Jeff Thomas was the third leading WR in 2017.

2018, freshman Dee Wiggins, Mark Pope, Brian Hightower, and Ezzard all still suck, so cant argue they should've played.

2019, Payton still doesn't know a playbook or what route to run.

2020, covid complications.

Really, the only valid complaint there is 2020, which just so happens to be the weirdest CFB season in the last century. No spring, covid players out, etc.
Brevin Jordan started as a freshman tight end in 2018.

Advertisement
Brevin Jordan started as a freshman tight end in 2018.

Elite players like Duke, Brevin and Richards start here like everywhere else because of sheer overwhelming talent.

99% of the rest (Zion, Campbell) are starting out of necessity because of a lack of depth and/or talent at their position.

Can he run a route tree? Does he have good acceleration at the top of his routes? Any wiggle after the catch?
I'm more interested in the physical traits of a WR. Players can be tought route running and the nuances of the game.

These are HS kids. I never understood why such an emphasis on routes for a HS kid. They may be playing in a limited unsophisticated offense All those things can be tought much better by college coaches than at the HS level.

You can't teach speed, quickness, and attitude. Those are at the top of my list for WRs.

Elite players like Duke, Brevin and Richards start here like everywhere else because of sheer overwhelming talent.

99% of the rest (Zion, Campbell) are starting out of necessity because of a lack of depth and/or talent at their position.
Isn’t that usually the case everywhere? Elite guys can crack the lineup. Lesser freshmen only get starts out of necessity? Also, Duke wasn’t even the starter as a freshman, Mike James actually got more carries.

Advertisement
Isn’t that usually the case everywhere? Elite guys can crack the lineup. Lesser freshmen only get starts out of necessity? Also, Duke wasn’t even the starter as a freshman, Mike James actually got more carries.

Whoa, dude, you're blowing my mind...

You mean...elite freshmen play as freshmen...and less elite freshmen usually don't start over more-experienced upperclassmen? And it's not some big conspiracy theory involving Manny Diaz preferring older men?

Oh, man, you cracked the mystery!

You mean...elite freshmen play as freshmen...and less elite freshmen usually don't start over more-experienced upperclassmen? And it's not some big conspiracy theory involving Manny Diaz preferring older men?

Careful, you might get called a slurper because you just used common sense.

We need to recruit Texas more...

Georgia kids like FL kids are just too unpredictable & are always waiting for the next big offer.

However, I can’t blame him if he doesn’t come here, he probably knows he wouldn’t play right away anyway.

Careful, you might get called a slurper because you just used common sense.
DFBFC6F4-6986-4209-B07C-8945F3C44113.gif

Advertisement
Back