Isaiah Bond - enters portal, enrolls at Texas, flexes a Lamborghini (lol)

how did this kids visit go?
Supposedly great. Couldn't have any face to face with coaches per rules but he and Brown had decided to focus on getting to know the communities on their visits since they look at this as a "40 year decision." Attended a big event at Boys and Girls club I believe, met with some members of a UM black fraternity (their 7 on 7 coach set it up), visited South Beach, etc. Both reported after the fact the visit was fantastic and helped Miami.

Advertisement
Rivals spoke to his coach yesterday. Seems like he may move his commitment back into April - he wants to take one more trip. The destination is being kept private. He has 25 offers now - more come in every day because of his speed. For Miami, Jess Simpson is personally recruiting him, along with other coaches.

“I’ve given Isaiah a sense, (Simpson) is one of the best guys all-time to coach high school football, to understand what he did at this program to allow you to be where you are today,” Davis said. “Having him at Miami, that helps Miami. Having that relationship there is very, very good.”

He said he could see Isaiah on either side of the ball. “I think he’s a phenomenal route runner, a phenomenal guy who understands the game, understands leverage. That’s where his strength is offensively. Defensively he can take away anything you want to do on a deep ball, he has very long arms.”

“He’s not all into the rah-rah stuff, just wants to do his job, help with the younger kids,” Davis said. “He’s about business and when it’s game time, practice time it’s about business.”

Rivals spoke to his coach yesterday. Seems like he may move his commitment back into April - he wants to take one more trip. The destination is being kept private. He has 25 offers now - more come in every day because of his speed. For Miami, Jess Simpson is personally recruiting him, along with other coaches.

“I’ve given Isaiah a sense, (Simpson) is one of the best guys all-time to coach high school football, to understand what he did at this program to allow you to be where you are today,” Davis said. “Having him at Miami, that helps Miami. Having that relationship there is very, very good.”

He said he could see Isaiah on either side of the ball. “I think he’s a phenomenal route runner, a phenomenal guy who understands the game, understands leverage. That’s where his strength is offensively. Defensively he can take away anything you want to do on a deep ball, he has very long arms.”

”He’s not all into the rah-rah stuff, just wants to do his job, help with the younger kids,” Davis said. “He’s about business and when it’s game time, practice time it’s about business.”
Doesn’t sound like a Manny kid.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If Bond commits you gotta believe we might be done at WR. 3 guys came in last class and 3 the year before. Next years class is loaded at WR locally so taking 2-3 next year would be more beneficial.

Advertisement
This. Given how mediocre we’ve been at the spot for ages, we better not stop recruiting it or under-recruit it. We should take 2-4 WR prospects eery dang year (~3 on average) Some will leave early, some won’t work out or transfer, some will switch positions.
And some ( see Pope/Wiggins) just can’t fCking catch..😂

And some ( see Pope/Wiggins) just can’t fCking catch..😂
I think these two will have a lot to do with it. If they don’t produce AGAIN then absolutely we take 2 more this cycle. There’s just so many really good guys next cycle locally. Going back on what I said Lashlee did say he wants 11ish at the position so yeah, another one is likely regardless of who returns with Rambo and Harley gone. I was thinking Rambo had more eligibility. I’ll take the L lol.

Advertisement
Back