Isaiah Bond - enters portal, enrolls at Texas, flexes a Lamborghini (lol)

I think if he said that he supports some garbage team, no one in here would have given two ***** about it.

The fact that he said that he supports Alabama as well I think makes people here a little upset. If he went to UMass or UNLV or some stuff and said here, that he went to these colleges and supports them because of it, I dont think this long conversation wouldnt have happened in the first place.
Yeah, I had posted something like this earlier. We have posters who went to FAMU and Ivy Leaguers like Penn and root for them to do well and it’s not a problem. I’ll add that we have posters who went to UiF and FSU because of costs and always have and always will root for the Canes.

While both of my parents went to UM, I went elsewhere- to a school with no football program. We’re all fans. I think there’s a difference though when you’re rooting for Bama, UiF, FSU… I get that people will root for their alma mater to do well but it’s also part of why I went to a non-football school. I literally didn’t want to deal with conflicts of interest in my fandom. Lol somehow that was in my college selection thought process back in the 80’s.

Advertisement
So, none of the bat signals was for Isaiah Bond.

To me, the most telling word in his statement was "stable," as in, Florida has a "stable program."

To me, the question is whether we still let him take his official visit. Do we really want him down here explaining why he prefers UF to our other recruits? I mean, maybe we still want to try to flip him, but is it worth the risk? Honest question to you all who have followed recruiting longer than I have.
My personal thought...let him honor his commitment to being a Gator. Hold him to his word. Now if circumstances change - ie Mullen goes to the NFL and he wants to transfer in a year - then open the door for conversation. But as of now, he’s done.

No I'm more of a Miami fan but I lived half of my life in Alabama. So yes I support Alabama as well.
tenor (7).gif

Yeah, I had posted something like this earlier. We have posters who went to FAMU and Ivy Leaguers like Penn and root for them to do well and it’s not a problem. I’ll add that we have posters who went to UiF and FSU because of costs and always have and always will root for the Canes.

While both of my parents went to UM, I went elsewhere- to a school with no football program. We’re all fans. I think there’s a difference though when you’re rooting for Bama, UiF, FSU… I get that people will root for their alma mater to do well but it’s also part of why I went to a non-football school. I literally didn’t want to deal with conflicts of interest in my fandom. Lol somehow that was in my college selection thought process back in the 80’s.
Thats perfectly understandable. Miami is a private school and its costs some real money to be there if you dont get there on scholarship...

But I wont educate on who is a proper fan and who is not. I kinda get that this is a Miami Hurricanes board and that you shouldnt post how you support other teams (like "Go Pitt" or some ****) but tbh I dont care... Due to family and childhood, I support my home soccer club where I live (which is just an amateur team), I support Bayern Munich cause my family is partly Bavarian and because I grew up in the area, I also support Eintracht Frankfurt to some extent. Doesnt make me less of a fan to other teams, I am just happy seeing them do well because its good for the area. But I wont smash people who are fans of like ten teams in the same league, I just let them be them and I enjoy the sport that I am watching.

Advertisement
Thats perfectly understandable. Miami is a private school and its costs some real money to be there if you dont get there on scholarship...

But I wont educate on who is a proper fan and who is not. I kinda get that this is a Miami Hurricanes board and that you shouldnt post how you support other teams (like "Go Pitt" or some ****) but tbh I dont care... Due to family and childhood, I support my home soccer club where I live (which is just an amateur team), I support Bayern Munich cause my family is partly Bavarian and because I grew up in the area, I also support Eintracht Frankfurt to some extent. Doesnt make me less of a fan to other teams, I am just happy seeing them do well because its good for the area. But I wont smash people who are fans of like ten teams in the same league, I just let them be them and I enjoy the sport that I am watching.
So if you’re a Liverpool fan or a Manchester City fan, it’s ok to root for Man United too and the other Liverpool/Man City fans are like “cool bro”???

Exactly. I’m that guy. A UF alum but love the Canes. My UF and FSU friends from south Florida think it’s weird. I think it’s weird that you grew up all your life loving one team and then all of a sudden you dump that team for the school you attend.

I thought I was the only one then UD repped the Canes and Jonathan Zaslow as well.

It’s all about loyalty.
Had a friend get accepted to FSU and he dropped the Canes, made me sick and that was in high school.

Advertisement
So if you’re a Liverpool fan or a Manchester City fan, it’s ok to root for Man United too and the other Liverpool/Man City fans are like “cool bro”???
Nah thats different. That really changes from Country to country, especially in England.

Bayern and Frankfurt arent this close together like the ones you mentioned and there isnt a rivalry going on between the two. Let me put it this way, I would rather see Frankfurt win instead of some other team.

Advertisement
Your wrong bro. You grow up liking a team than you move somewhere or go to another college you have every right to like another team. What am I suppose to go to college at an all basketball school bc I grew up liking UM? You think I can afford the 60K in tuition being out of state. You can **** off with that nonsense. Had some of the best sports moments in my life at USC games. Also had some of the best times at UM games, so just stop with some of that hardcore im better fan than you and trying to dictate how people watch sports. I follow UM very closely and have for years even when I was at USC. Doesn’t make me a bad Miami fan to root for my alma mater. I’m on a UM message board and never considered doing anything like that for the gamecocks. Found out a couple weeks ago they hired frank beamers son. Do you have season ticket to UM games because I sure as **** do. You don’t have season tickets than you are not a real fan. This is exactly what your dumbass sounds like.

I am a UM alumnus, born and raised in Miami. Blessed to have had season tickets (via parents) since I was 6, and I grew up a rabid canes fan. So much so that I did not even apply to UF or FSU (applied to other schools, but if I was going elsewhere it wasn't going to be for some C-level education in a hogtown at a rival school). Got lucky with the scholarship money and UM was an affordable option for me. I went elsewhere for law school, but there's no loyalty there (you don't see many lawyers representing their law school football team). I never had to make the choice between team and university - they have always been one and the same for me.

I had many friends who were allegedly UM fans, left to Forfeit State or UiF, and then switched loyalties completely. Some of them will claim they "grew up UM fans," and I typically tell them that, in reality, they were never UM fans. At a minimum, I commend you for maintaining a level of allegiance to UM while you were in $EC country. Many don't.

But fandom is like most other hobbies in that there are levels to it. For instance, when I see a guy driving around in a car/truck that he has custom painted orange and green and wrapped in UM logos and Sebastian on the hood, I tend to assume that dude is a bigger UM football fanatic than I am. On the flip side, when I hear a person "also" roots for their alma mater and doesn't have UM season tickets, I suspect they aren't big UM fans.

"They sold me on being the next Percy Harvin or uhhh Toney" - Bond (sarcasm). We will see on this one. Bond is a pretty low key dude. He's got an OV lined up so there's still hope.
Bingo....if he cancels the OV it's over. If he keeps it, anything can happen. Because if the Gators have a bad year and we go for 10 or more, the flip is a very likely possibility. As one of the mods said, 2022 class will be very strange so we have to truly expect the unexpected. About to the be Wild Wild West coming June 1st....all bets are off.

Advertisement

Don't try to rationalize this. If it looks like ****, smells like ****, it is ****. Simple as that.

Same here, bro. Lol.....that & how hot was the women’s volley team. Lol

Advertisement
Back