Isaiah Bond - enters portal, enrolls at Texas, flexes a Lamborghini (lol)

Let's make this very simple.

I don't give a **** if you root for 1 team or 100 teams. BUT THIS IS A GOT-DAMM MIAMI BOARD. Leave your other 99 teams out of this.

It's so pathetic when non-UM-alums try to lecture UM alums on how to be a fan and why we shouldn't be optimistic about our alma mater. I'm not knocking the non-UM-alums, but as a UM alum, I cannot, I WILL NOT, give a **** about any other team. Ever. Period.

So with all due respect to everyone's life story, if you root for any other teams other than Miami, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. Don't come on a Miami board and talk ****e about Miami when you like other teams as much, if not more than, Miami.

Advertisement
He’s not wrong. People can classify a fan any way they want. If somebody wants to be a fan of 10 different teams, they can go ahead. But don’t expect to not get called out on it.
He is not right at the same time. My friends think of me as a Miami fan and that’s all y’all need to know. They also respect me for staying loyal even when I was going to USC. Got a lot of **** during the al golden years but I’m still here. Was just saying I understand what @Mackmiller974 is saying. If we want to get petty I’ll classify him as a non fan because I have season tickets to UM and he does not. I haven’t missed a home game in the 4 years I’ve lived in south Florida so anyone who missed a home game live is not a fan. It’s just petty and stupid to say that.

He is not right at the same time. My friends think of me as a Miami fan and that’s all y’all need to know. They also respect me for staying loyal even when I was going to USC. Got a lot of **** during the al golden years but I’m still here. Was just saying I understand what @Mackmiller974 is saying. If we want to get petty I’ll classify him as a non fan because I have season tickets to UM and he does not. I haven’t missed a home game in the 4 years I’ve lived in south Florida so anyone who missed a home game live is not a fan. It’s just petty and stupid to say that.

Like I said, everybody has their own definition. You cannot say he’s wrong. It’s an opinion.

I have friends etc, and people I sit with at the games that went to the University of Florida. And they are 100% canes. Even when they were in Gainesville. Not everybody can afford to go to the University of Miami. Not everybody gets an academic or an athletic scholarship. So yeah, I have friends and others that went to the UF and even FSU. The schools didn’t make them bltches. They are 305/hurricanes through and through.

I don't give a **** if you root for 1 team or 100 teams. BUT THIS IS A GOT-DAMM MIAMI BOARD. Leave your other 99 teams out of this.

It's so pathetic when non-UM-alums try to lecture UM alums on how to be a fan and why we shouldn't be optimistic about our alma mater. I'm not knocking the non-UM-alums, but as a UM alum, I cannot, I WILL NOT, give a **** about any other team. Ever. Period.

So with all due respect to everyone's life story, if you root for any other teams other than Miami, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. Don't come on a Miami board and talk ****e about Miami when you like other teams as much, if not more than, Miami.
Not sure if this was ment for me but never said one bad word about UM and clearly stated The hurricanes are my ride or die team. Just saying there are circumstances where you can root for another team and you shouldn’t be condemned for that.

Like I said, everybody has their own definition. You cannot say he’s wrong. It’s an opinion.

I have friends etc, and people I sit with at the games that went to the University of Florida. And they are 100% canes. Even when they were in Gainesville. Not everybody can afford to go to the University of Miami. Not everybody gets an academic or an athletic scholarship. So yeah, I have friends and others that went to the UF and even FSU. The schools didn’t make them bltches. They are 305/hurricanes through and through.
I feel you man. It is just an opinion. The worst people are the ones who say you can’t be a UM fan or are not a real Miami fan because you didn’t go to college there.

Advertisement
So, none of the bat signals was for Isaiah Bond.

To me, the most telling word in his statement was "stable," as in, Florida has a "stable program."

To me, the question is whether we still let him take his official visit. Do we really want him down here explaining why he prefers UF to our other recruits? I mean, maybe we still want to try to flip him, but is it worth the risk? Honest question to you all who have followed recruiting longer than I have.

To me, the most telling word in his statement was "stable," as in, Florida has a "stable program."

To me, the question is whether we still let him take his official visit. Do we really want him down here explaining why he prefers UF to our other recruits? I mean, maybe we still want to try to flip him, but is it worth the risk? Honest question to you all who have followed recruiting longer than I have.

It’s not a bad question but you don’t want to come across as petty either. At the same time, if the kid was 100% **** why is he planning to take three, four, or five official visits to other schools?

What's stable about your HC whoring himself out for every NFL job opening?

Advertisement
Not sure if this was ment for me but never said one bad word about UM and clearly stated The hurricanes are my ride or die team. Just saying there are circumstances where you can root for another team and you shouldn’t be condemned for that.

It's not "meant for you" specificallly. I responded to you, but I am addressing the overall way in which a lot of porsters tend to analyze "being a fan of UM".

And I am clarifying that, for purposes of this board, I don't give a fvck about any other school that others may like or watch or root for. When I sniff a guy with mixed loyalties ripping on UM, I'm going to call it out.

The Hurricanes were considered the program to beat for several months, especially when you factor in Bond's tight-knit relationship with quarterback commit, Jacurri Brown. The Georgia native also journeyed down to Coral Gables for a visit earlier this spring, while a trip to the Swamp has yet to take place.
However, that didn't alter Bond's decision and Mullen's staff needed just 30 days to convince him that Gainesville is the home away from home he had been searching for.

"I felt like at this time, it was the best decision for me," Bond told Gators Territory. "Me and my family had a big-time family decision to make and we felt like this was the perfect school.

"I just like the legacy that's there," Bond previously told GT. "That's one of the dream offers kids have growing up, so there's a lot of tradition there. The head coach said he loves my film and can really see me as a player that can create space when I'm on the field."

Dan Mullen and wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales were the UF coaches who delivered the pleasant news last month, but Bond says recruiting staffer Corey Bell played a major role in his decision to team up with the Gators as well.

"We have built a great relationship during this amount of time," Bond said. "They're really great individuals as well."

Prior to joining forces with the Gators, the 6-foot, 175-pound playmaker locked in official visits with Florida (6-4), Miami (6-11), Alabama (6-18) and Texas (6-25), while additional suitors are crossing their fingers in hopes of securing his fifth and final visit.

Now that Bond is a part of UF's class, will he still officially visit additional programs over the summertime?

"Yes, sir," Bond replied. "I plan on taking my officials."

----------------------------------

He hasn't even visited UF...

yeaaaaaa this aint over yet

Exactly. I’m that guy. A UF alum but love the Canes. My UF and FSU friends from south Florida think it’s weird. I think it’s weird that you grew up all your life loving one team and then all of a sudden you dump that team for the school you attend.

I thought I was the only one then UD repped the Canes and Jonathan Zaslow as well.

It’s all about loyalty.

Advertisement
I think if he said that he supports some garbage team, no one in here would have given two ***** about it.

The fact that he said that he supports Alabama as well I think makes people here a little upset. If he went to UMass or UNLV or some stuff and said here, that he went to these colleges and supports them because of it, I dont think this long conversation wouldnt have happened in the first place.

FOH with that BS

E.N.D O.F T.H.E S.T.O.R.Y

Advertisement
It’s not a bad question but you don’t want to come across as petty either. At the same time, if the kid was 100% **** why is he planning to take three, four, or five official visits to other schools?
yea... there's been some comments on UGA board that he is trying to get a commitable offer from Kirby. Using UF the way Carson Beck did.

He's been so quiet in his recruitment - he doesn't strike me as the kind of kid who would do that.

As an alum idgaf if you went to Miami or not. If youre a Cane, youre a Cane. And quite often, those who didn’t go to UM can be bigger UM fans, there’s no degree tying the fandom knot to their finger, they chose this without any direct affiliation.

Exactly. I’m that guy. A UF alum but love the Canes. My UF and FSU friends from south Florida think it’s weird. I think it’s weird that you grew up all your life loving one team and then all of a sudden you dump that team for the school you attend.

I thought I was the only one then UD repped the Canes and Jonathan Zaslow as well.

It’s all about loyalty.

Exactly. There’s a million different reasons people attend other schools but remain steadfastly loyal. It could be finances, it could be a major (example: UM doesn’t have a pharmacy degree program) etc. I know people that get great academic scholarships to other schools and couldn’t afford UM. But their loyalty didn’t waver.

Bottom line: people can do whatever they want, support whomever. But it’s a choice that runs deep...and in my personal opinion, if you’re a true cane, that’s pure loyalty. Period. It’s not a divided loyalty. That’s how I feel and it’s not going to change, and I know many others like that.

And there’s many **** grads from the 305 that have their UF degrees, hate **** football, and are 100% cane. That’s a fact.

Remenber the UF grad that threw up the U at his UF commencement?

Advertisement
Back