Is it crazy to say

#26-MEAST

Junior
That our DT's next year will be a strength of our defense? Obviously this is a huge projection but the depth, talent, and experience is there. If we can revamp the S&C program to suit their explosion and power there is a chance this group can dominate. The problem with the group is there is a scary void after the top 5 obviously making the need to sign atleast 1 beast this cycle. Richt has his hands full recruiting for the future of the group. But on paper I think this is the best group in years.

We definitely need the scheme to allow more aggressive play. There is no doubt simplifying their responsibility will allow their talent to show. Looking at the players we have returning is exciting for a first year coach.

Next season:
Kendrick Norton (Soph)
Gerald Willis (Jr?)
Courtel Jenkins (Jr)
Anthony Moten (Jr)
Ryan Fines (Fr)

Swing DT:
RJ McIntosh (Soph)

Possible transfers:
Earl Moore (Sr)
Jelani Hamilton (Sr)

Advertisement
Not crazy at all. I'm excited for the entire defensive line to look different in a 4-3 attacking scheme.

Short answer: yes.
Long answer: could be, but until I see it I won't believe it. I seem to recall people making this claim last spring.

Let 'em lose like a bunch of crazed dogs!

[video=youtube;0wiQ18jDWqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wiQ18jDWqo[/video]

DE - Chad Thomas (5 star)
DT - Gerald Willis (5 Star)
DT - Kendrick Norton (4 star)
DE - AQM - (4 star)

Crazy **** right here man

Advertisement
The biggest and most important variable for this being a strength is the long awaited departure of Dorito, thank the gods! But yes, this should be a strength for the following reason:

A. Shift to 4-3 3-4 attacking style.
B. A-gappers Jenkins, Moten, NORTON!
C. Strong DT/DE tandems in Thomas, McIntosh, AQM, Harris, Willis and Jackson
D. DB's I think will be better in an attacking man to man, cover 3 under 2 over and match-up zone schemes. Vets CB's Burns & Elder, Henley (fast), Jackson, Redwine. S- Carter, Jenkins, Quan Johnson and Knowles. Plus some incoming talent & surprises (?)

The biggest and most important variable for this being a strength is the long awaited departure of Dorito, thank the gods! But yes, this should be a strength for the following reason:

D. DB's I think will be better in an attacking man to man, cover 3 under 2 over and match-up zone schemes. Vets CB's Burns & Elder, Henley (fast), Jackson, Redwine. S- Carter, Jenkins, Quan Johnson and Knowles. Plus some incoming talent & surprises (?)

Dorito ain't gone yet. Should have left with golfen but for some weird reason has not. New coaches have not been chosen yet and hearing rumors that Dorito along with others may be kept(??). Started with Kehoee staying. Some people blame our defensive woes on gofen and not Dorito. Hope Richt is not one of those Christian men that feel that they can fix incompetent people like Dorito. Oh please help us God!!!

Advertisement

Dorito ain't gone yet. Should have left with golfen but for some weird reason has not. New coaches have not been chosen yet and hearing rumors that Dorito along with others may be kept(??). Started with Kehoee staying. Some people blame our defensive woes on gofen and not Dorito. Hope Richt is not one of those Christian men that feel that they can fix incompetent people like Dorito. Oh please help us God!!!

If Dorito is kept Mark will have a painful first year as head coach. Banners from day one. That would be an unforgivable sin which is impossible to even imagine. You should be exiled from earth for its mere mention.

Really good post and, honestly, our DTs/DEs NEED to be our strength next year. If we lose as many DBs/Safeties as we expect to this year, our secondary will be our weakest position. How do you counter a weak secondary? By having a savage Dline that gets to the QB on almost every play and forces quick/bad passes. If we don't get to the QB next year, expect teams to torch us in the passing game.

if Dorito and Paul Williams don't have a pink slip handed to them as they de-board the aircraft from El Pistola, I would think Coach Right has gotten in with the boys doing the :tedbong:

Advertisement
Can't believe there is even one person here who seriously thinks Richt will keep D'Onofrio. It won't happen.

Can't believe there is even one person here who seriously thinks Richt will keep D'Onofrio. It won't happen.

I used to think that they were just mocking ParanosBoyCane by repeating it but it's becoming evident that the shallow end of the genetic pool has a few Canes fans thrashing around as full grown adults wearing Water Wings and wet XXXL t-shirts.

Alquadin Muhammad is Miami's best dline prospect we have had since Vernon

Advertisement

No you aren't, just stop it.

Advertisement
Back