IPF- Progress Pics (OP Updated July 10)

Advertisement
Should be close. As those with construction experience know, the "finishing" of the interior goes very quickly. Like, a couple of weeks. If there are delays, it will be permit related.

The main thing is, as long as it’s finished enough so they have a permit to allow indoor practices starting in August or thereabouts, who really cares about the rest?

They can spend the rest of the fall putting the finishing touches and finishing up the offices as far as I’m concerned.

Let’s not forget the one and primary purpose.

As long as they have a sheltered place to continue practice when that lightning alarm sounds, and not have to involuntarily miss practice time, then we’re good.

All it needs is a giant gaudy U
Yea! Something like - WELCOME TO THE U - FIVE TIME NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. On a side note we need a cool/hip *** song and crowd dance we do before the game and during timeouts/TV.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The main thing is, as long as it’s finished enough so they have a permit to allow indoor practices starting in August or thereabouts, who really cares about the rest?

They can spend the rest of the fall putting the finishing touches and finishing up the offices as far as I’m concerned.

As long as they have a sheltered place to continue practice when that lightning alarm sounds, and not have to involuntarily miss practice time, then we’re good.

I'd never subject myself to this type of undertaking but I honestly wonder how many practices total were missed under the current and last HC's.

It feels like it's been more than at any other time in Canes history.

(I'm not asking you to undertake it either)

I'd never subject myself to this type of undertaking but I honestly wonder how many practices total were missed under the current and last HC's.

It feels like it's been more than at any other time in Canes history.

(I'm not asking you to undertake it either)

Let’s just say it’s more than 1 and less than 12, per season. It’s probably safe to say it’s somewhere in between there, although that’s a pretty wide range. You got a guess?

Yeah, but no I’m not gonna go hunting that up. Maybe we have somebody industrious - they can figure it out.

Let’s just say it’s more than 1 and less than 12, per season. It’s probably safe to say it’s somewhere in between there, although that’s a pretty wide range. You got a guess?

Yeah, but no I’m not gonna go hunting that up. Maybe we have somebody industrious - they can figure it out.

I'd set the over/under at 5.5 (not counting the voluntary bowl practices that were missed. I'll never understand canceling any practice with how limited practice times are by the NCAA)

It just feels like since Radio the whole missed practice thing became......A thing.

Advertisement
I'd set the over/under at 5.5 (not counting the voluntary bowl practices that were missed. I'll never understand canceling any practice with how limited practice times are by the NCAA)

It just feels like since Radio the whole missed practice thing became......A thing.

I get missing a couple of bowl practices, I’m just too lazy and simultaneously busy to try to explain. It’s not black and white. I mean I at least see the other side of it. Another time.

As the pics show, the paneling is going up.

Take this FWIW, I’ve heard that the offices and other administrative construction won’t be ready for camp, but that the playing surface will be installed and ready. So the guys can practice there if need be, but the staff won’t be able to move into their offices until September.
As the pics show, the paneling is going up.

Take this FWIW, I’ve heard that the offices and other administrative construction won’t be ready for camp, but that the playing surface will be installed and ready. So the guys can practice there if need be, but the staff won’t be able to move into their offices until September.

That it will finally look like this!

Advertisement
On projects like this as they move forward additional ideas pop up and if timed right change orders / revisions come up to enhance the design like MR office mentioned above and maybe the weight room.

On the electrical side all panels and switchboards are designed on the IPF for future circuits example if a panel needs only 20 actual circuits a 30 circuit panel is provide with future provision breaker spaces with extra conduit entries for future revisions and ampere load calculations covered and short circuit AIC fault current.

This baby's got it all.

GOCANES

Advertisement
As long as the field is in place, and the players are cleared to be there and practice, the offices and all the peripheral spaces don't really matter. The whole point is to avoid missing practice due to lightning issues.

I do not disagree at all.

However, for those dip****es on the board who like to beat their chests because they "predicted" the structure would be done by football season, I would point out that a "partial" occupancy certificate is highly unusual for the City of Coral Gables. I have been a student or young alum during the time periods when we built several buildings on campus, including the Wellness Center, and I have never previously seen Coral Gables sign off on any building that was only partially complete.

My hat is off to anyone who convinced those zoning board ***** to approve this accommodation.

Glad to see that things are changing at my alma mater, even though it has taken a looooooong time to get here.

Advertisement
Back