Iowa CB Terry Roberts transfers from Miami

miamimike

Junior
Terry Roberts Iowa CB grad transfer. Haven’t seen anything since the news that he was supposed to visit last weekend.
Did he make his visit? Are we still in play for him? I was hoping we would land him. I thought he was a perfect one year rental to hold a spot down until the young pups grow up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He ain’t starting over Cormani McClain
A productive starter from a big 10 school that is known for great defenses is going to get passed up by an 150 pound true freshman summer enrollee? Sure it’s possible but Robert’s Is a day 1 starter here as well as a monster special teamer

Last edited:
A productive starter from a big 10 school that is known for great defenses is going to get passed up by an 150 pound true freshman summer enrollee? Sure it’s possible but Robert’s Is a day 1 starter here as well as a monster special teamed
THIS!

Plus, we will play plenty of teams that will require 3 CB's on the field at the same time, and of course, the 2-deep (regardless of whether or not you're listed as a starter), will get plenty of snaps. Roberts coming shouldn't be a disincentive for Cormani. Dogs like to play with dogs.

Advertisement
A productive starter from a big 10 school that is known for great defenses is going to get passed up by an 150 pound true freshman summer enrollee? Sure it’s possible but Robert’s Is a day 1 starter here as well as a monster special teamer

Robert’s is 2nd string at best

IMO He is a depth guy with starting ability if healthy. Would bring an excellent attitude and maturity to Hecht. Which is needed per what we have experienced for 15 years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sure it’s possible but Robert’s Is a day 1 starter here as well as a monster special teamer
This part can't be minimized. I've heard he excels at specials teams and his forte is being a gunner. How many threads on CIS have there been about our lack of special teams speed and skills?

Not commenting on who is starting or anything but...you really just used those words to describe cormani?

"150 pound true freshman summer enrollee"

Or how about

"#2 ranked overall player in the country, 5 star, under armour all american, , highest ranked DB recruit in Miami recruiting history, freshman"

Advertisement
Not commenting on who is starting or anything but...you really just used those words to describe cormani?

Or how about

"#2 ranked overall player in the country, 5 star, under armour all american, , highest ranked DB recruit in Miami recruiting history, freshman"
My point still holds the same. True freshman summer enrollee is a true freshman summer enrollee. It’s not easy to come in and start with veterans in the room

My point still holds the same. True freshman summer enrollee is a true freshman summer enrollee. It’s not easy to come in and start with veterans in the room
I understand, but that description was wild bro.

Also, not all freshman are built the same. Cormani would have a better shot of coming in and taking a job compared to somebody like...lets say....Jaden Harris.

Or how about

If he doesn't sign with Miami I like his description better.

I don’t know who will start, but if Cormani signs here, he will definitely push for heavy minutes and early. I don’t think people realize just how good this kid is…

Advertisement
Back