interesting (suprising) SEC/Big-12 Bowl Alliance

Advertisement
Kind of suprised the SEC is doing this. I'm sure they'll push like **** to make sure it's the Sugar that gets the game (makes geographic sense too).

Only thing I like about it is that it's going to be ON new year's.

Could be Sugar, but IMO, it's only a matter of time before the Cotton Bowl(now played at Cowboy Stadium) is among the elite bowls again and probably hosting NC's.

Advertisement
I can already see what is going to happen.

The SEC will absorb Clemson/North Carolina, or Miami/FSU one of those two variations.

Big 12 will absorb FSU (assuming they don't get absorbed by SEC), Va. Tech, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Clemson, Miami

All other ACC teams will be left to scramble. I'm assuming the northern teams like BC, Maryland will move to the big 10.

College football is changing and it is becoming quickly apparent that the weaker brands in college football will be left out of the show.

There are distinct advantages to being nationally ranked in the top ten, and being independent.

You write your own ticket, you make your own deals, you keep your own money, and you get to wreak havoc in the conferences.

AND, if your ranking calls for it, you'll play in the championship. The National Championship, and all the alliances can't keep you out.

Advertisement
There are distinct advantages to being nationally ranked in the top ten, and being independent.

You write your own ticket, you make your own deals, you keep your own money, and you get to wreak havoc in the conferences.

AND, if your ranking calls for it, you'll play in the championship. The National Championship, and all the alliances can't keep you out.

Time to go Independent again.......

The SEC and the Big 12 agree to have their conference champs meet if they aren't in the national semifinals and suddenly that is a death knell for the ACC?

The majority of the time it'll be the 2nd or 3rd place teams from each conference facing each other as the SEC and Big XII champs are usually ranked in the top 4.

The ACC just needs to worry about getting Miami and FSU back to elite level (with Clemson and VaTech as the 2nd level) and they'll make plenty of money.

I do love these overreactions though.

North Carolina isn't leaving the ACC. Period. They tried being a big-time football program and it blew up in their face. UM, FSU, VT and Clemson, the "football schools", will eventually bounce to other conferences and the Big East and ACC will exist for hoops and non-revenue sports. A lot of the tea-sips in Chapel Hill are just fine with that.

Advertisement
After this deal, I would be calling FSU and the Big 12 to try work out a move to that conference.

Advertisement
Already have it--Rose Bowl. This SEC Big 12 thing doesn't do a **** thing more than the Rose Bowl 500 years ago.

Can any one explain what the SEC is getting out of this that they don't already have? The SEC champ already goes to the Sugar Bowl if they're not in the title game, so why are they so eager to tie themselves to a weakened Big 12?
Any thoughts???

Advertisement
Back