• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Off-Topic Inflation

SpikeUM

Senior
Premium

As bad as 7.5% inflation is, the reality is much worse than the official number.

The Hidden Ways Companies Raise Prices​

SpikeUM

Senior
Premium
And customer service has gotten worse at the same time. I'm some of that is because people feel why go the extra step for less money when you can just blame Covid.

I totally agree. Just last week, I had to have 3 calls with Comcast - the first two assured me the problem was taken care of, the last rep told me nothing had been done by the first two reps but now assured me he had. Still waiting on that one.

GOCANES05

Recruit
I totally agree. Just last week, I had to have 3 calls with Comcast - the first two assured me the problem was taken care of, the last rep told me nothing had been done by the first two reps but now assured me he had. Still waiting on that one.

Customer service use to be a tremendous selling point because everyone is selling the same stuff and CS was what separates companies.

I feel as old folk like myself retires a lot of CS goes with us and everyone is left with surveys as there answer to CS.

One thing is for sure overall CS in this country is lacking ask anyone whom has to call a large company it stinks.

Not saying you won’t get a good person whom put in the effort to really help you but it’s a crap shoot to get a person whom takes ownership of the job description.

Use to not be that way sad and I don’t see much improvement coming.

JD08

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Maude
One thing I noticed was that when the economy is humming and everyone is comfortable, customer service gets worse. There's no reason to provide it because there will be another willing customer to take your place if you walk away. Then when things go south, it's an inexpensive way to attract customers over competitors.

Back before the housing bubble, I called a couple of contractors to remodel a bathroom. Of the ones who returned my calls, all but one threw out ridiculously high quotes or just never got back to me. The one that did said he could do it for a reasonable amount, but I'd have to be flexible with my timetable as he would fit it in with the bigger jobs. Two years later, contractors were dropping "No job too big or small" flyers in my mailbox.

SpikeUM

Senior
Premium

BTW, after my 4th call this morning, where I was told the first three reps were wrong, I asked for a supervisor, and after waiting around 45 minutes, the call dropped.

JD08

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Maude
BTW, after my 4th call this morning, where I was told the first three reps were wrong, I asked for a supervisor, and after waiting around 45 minutes, the call dropped.
I had Comcast when the Hurricanes hit in 2004. When my line went down after Jeanne, the service rep was an absolute a-hole on the phone. I told her I was calling Directv when I hung up and whoever got there first had my business. I've been a Directv customer since a week after that call.

wspcane

Recruit
This happened with me and the IRS last week. I spent 20 hours on the phone being told things that I knew were 100% wrong. And then they get annoyed when you get frustrated.

Also, I felt my blood pressure tick up as you mention comcast support. We have had some epic battles over the years.

GOCANES05

Recruit
One thing I noticed was that when the economy is humming and everyone is comfortable, customer service gets worse. There's no reason to provide it because there will be another willing customer to take your place if you walk away. Then when things go south, it's an inexpensive way to attract customers over competitors.

Back before the housing bubble, I called a couple of contractors to remodel a bathroom. Of the ones who returned my calls, all but one threw out ridiculously high quotes or just never got back to me. The one that did said he could do it for a reasonable amount, but I'd have to be flexible with my timetable as he would fit it in with the bigger jobs. Two years later, contractors were dropping "No job too big or small" flyers in my mailbox.
Sounds like a GOCANESO5 story LOLOL.

Spot on on all point’s

GOCANES

SpikeUM

Senior
Premium

Purely from an economic and global geopolitical perspective, we need to drill, drill, drill domestically. It would bring down inflation, create jobs, ease the pressure on the lower and middle classes, and reduce the leverage that Russia has over Europe.

RangerGranger

Gnome Sayin'?

Purely from an economic and global geopolitical perspective, we need to drill, drill, drill domestically. It would bring down inflation, create jobs, ease the pressure on the lower and middle classes, and reduce the leverage that Russia has over Europe.

Why did we ever defund the oil subsidies?

Wearing my tin foil hat here -- did we, the USA, get caught with out pants down trying to go "Green"? GM, Ford & others lobbied for a law that is now in place; half of new car sales must be electric by 2030.

GOCANES05

Recruit
By cutting taxes actually more taxes are paid.

If you lower taxes and free up money for engine of this country the middle class the first thing the middle class will do is either purchase , pay bills and save in institutions.

All increases revenue .

Throw in drilling and this country explodes in recovery

And pisses of Russians and towel heads and AOC 😁.

Raise taxes I’m not buying anything

GOCANES

Bird4um

Sophomore
Premium
Would love some lists of what you notice changing... I don't shop much at all..... Please list some stuff....

Milk - Walmart $4.01 - Used to be $2.89

Gas - $2.89 to $3.59