The Unthinkable I: IMG as a Pipeline School? It's a Miami Takeover

km_20220709-1_1080p_1.gif
km_20220703-1_1080p(2)_1.gif
km_20220702-5_1080p(1)_1.gif
puzzle-thumb.jpeg.jpg
km_20220701_1080p_1.gif

Advertisement
Building a pipeline from IMG sounds great but it's easier said than done. Most of their kids aren't from Florida. A lot of them play two or three years out of state before transferring to IMG late. We've been able to land Williams, Mauigoa and Wayne because they were all west coast kids that Mario had been recruiting at Oregon for years. If you wait for these kids to transfer to IMG before you recruit them, you're already way behind the game.
Mario knows this though no doubt. He understands the value of building relationships early, and being that reason that a kid will transfer to IMG.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Legit out of the loop on WRs, who would be best fit here? Or is that any of these guys are a "best fit"?

Building a pipeline from IMG sounds great but it's easier said than done. Most of their kids aren't from Florida. A lot of them play two or three years out of state before transferring to IMG late. We've been able to land Williams, Mauigoa and Wayne because they were all west coast kids that Mario had been recruiting at Oregon for years. If you wait for these kids to transfer to IMG before you recruit them, you're already way behind the game.

We might be surprised.

In elite military units, there's a bonding that takes place like outsiders would never fully grasp. The best of the best, once teamed up, want to continue that brotherhood of the best of the best - and those who they're well familiar with.

Where the team members came from is beside the point. You work together like fingers on a hand - and when you know someone that well - few words ever need to be spoken -you just KNOW what they're thinking, what they're about to do, and you never have to worry about them letting you down.

Advertisement
5-star CB Desmond Ricks in the 24 class as well.

5-star RB Jerrick Gibson is there too, but I think he’ll end up at UGA or Bama.

Ellis Robinson IV will be an interesting one to watch, because he’s seen as an early UGA lean, but he’s a Connecticut/NY Prep kid & with us likely bringing in kids like Okunlola & Bonsu we might have some traction with a Northeast kid at IMG, especially if we’re able to get Ricks.

4-star S Jaydan Hardy was at IMG with Ricks & Robinson but just recently transferred back to Lewisville TX.

I’m interested in seeing which 2024 WR’s they’ll be able steal because as of now they don’t have anybody that’s too much of a big name, but IMG always has high ranked WR’s. If we could somehow get Ryan Wingo to IMG that would help us immensely in his recruitment.

It sounds like the perfect recipe for us that Mario is playing perfectly. National recruits have shown more love as it is but now they get brought in closer.

Advertisement

Ellis Robinson IV will be an interesting one to watch, because he’s seen as an early UGA lean, but he’s a Connecticut/NY Prep kid & with us likely bringing in kids like Okunlola & Bonsu we might have some traction with a Northeast kid at IMG, especially if we’re able to get Ricks.

4-star S Jaydan Hardy was at IMG with Ricks & Robinson but just recently transferred back to Lewisville TX.

I’m interested in seeing which 2024 WR’s they’ll be able steal because as of now they don’t have anybody that’s too much of a big name, but IMG always has high ranked WR’s. If we could somehow get Ryan Wingo to IMG that would help us immensely in his recruitment.
Screenshot_20220729-115706_Samsung Internet.jpg

What about this guy?

Speaking of Ricks and IMG

Advertisement
Back