I'm an *** clown/blind *** fan to the highest degree

Hi, welcome to a LA, losers anonymous, meeting. My name is Cane4ife18 and I'm a new member of LA.

I want to start this off by apologizing to anybody I called weak, dumbass or any other derogatory term these past 3 weeks in an attempt to defend this team.

I fervently defended this year's team. I'm sure you saw me on multiple threads posting that we should not be overstating the Alabama game since it was Nick Saban and Alabama we were going up against.

Then came the App State game and there I was on the boards going to bat for yet another poor performance on all 3 sides of the ball. Calling some of you weak, punks and soft *** *itches. You guys were trying to warn that these were ominous signs but I decided to let my fandom integrate itself into my logic. Foolish on my part.

After seeing this team that I love and care for get their *** handed to them by MSU, it was the eye opener for me. I would constantly post that the floor for this team is 9-3 with my personal expectation being 10-2. Well, now I know that was BS and dumb as **** on my part. I'll truly be surprised if we were able to achieve 7 wins at this point.

I won't defend Manny Diaz anymore on this forum. He's a poor coach and leader of men. There's no more denying that. His staff and team are following the footsteps of their leader. The fact that his side of the ball is failing as well is an even greater indictment on him as head coach.

I'll continue to support this team and the players. They deserve the support. Our seniors deserve our support. D'eriq King deserves our support. Hopefully, better days are ahead. Go Canes! 🙌🏾

Don't feel bad. I used to believe in the Tooth Fairy until one night that cheap SOB forgot to pay up, and I was left with a little tooth.

Advertisement
Just curious so I'll play along. What qualities is that?
I was talking with a friend last night ranking the last five coaches best to worst, and I said Manny is comfortably the worst coach. Which led us down memory lane and a discussion of recency bias. Having played and seen/heard a lot more, how do you rank them worst to best? For me I go Diaz, Golden, Shannon, Coker, Richt. Curious your thoughts trying to remain objective and remember how ****** some of these guys were.

Just curious so I'll play along. What qualities is that?
Identifying (some) issues, such as staff, and being able to make changes. Recruiting pretty well. He seems to relate to the players well (maybe not now though). When we went from 6-7 to 9-3 I thought maybe he could right the ship. We seemed to be going in the right direction. But his lack of ability to develop players, stubbornness to playing seniority over talent, preparation and ability to adapt at halftime were all issues that seemed constant.

I don’t think it’s far fetched to say that he looked like he could become a good coach early on. But too many issues remained constant that it became obvious that he doesn’t have what it takes.

That’s my personal opinion

Identifying (some) issues, such as staff, and being able to make changes. Recruiting pretty well. He seems to relate to the players well (maybe not now though). When we went from 6-7 to 9-3 I thought maybe he could right the ship. We seemed to be going in the right direction. But his lack of ability to develop players, stubbornness to playing seniority over talent, preparation and ability to adapt at halftime were all issues that seemed constant.

I don’t think it’s far fetched to say that he looked like he could become a good coach early on. But too many issues remained constant that it became obvious that he doesn’t have what it takes.

That’s my personal opinion
I can respect your personal opinion. I'll let you know in large part these changes your attributing to him were things that had very little to do with him and we're actually changes forced on him. The only change he legit made of his own free will were demoting rumph. He tried to fire him three different times because him and Banda were always at each other's throats. He didn't even have the pull to get that done once mike was demoted. For each of his boys for years he has fought against demoting them until he lucked into them getting hired elsewhere. Problem is fans are all so quick to assume it's Manny da gawd getting things done and in reality it never has been.

I'm continually surprised at the number of people who come here to vomit their grief. Get a therapist, a girlfriend, or at least a dog, and cry to them - so the rest of us don't have to hear it.
my therapist cheated on me, my girlfriend left me five years ago and my dog died two years ago

**** you for putting these memories back into my head

edit: pick the lies and the truths.

Advertisement
I can respect your personal opinion. I'll let you know in large part these changes your attributing to him were things that had very little to do with him and we're actually changes forced on him. The only change he legit made of his own free will were demoting rumph. He tried to fire him three different times because him and Banda were always at each other's throats. He didn't even have the pull to get that done once mike was demoted. For each of his boys for years he has fought against demoting them until he lucked into them getting hired elsewhere. Problem is fans are all so quick to assume it's Manny da gawd getting things done and in reality it never has been.
If that’s true that’s interesting. Almost like he has someone else saving his own *** from himself.

Advertisement
Back