If Costello is smart and has a strong arm, why not him?

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
I don't really care that he can't run well. If he knows where to go with the ball and can release it in under 2.5 seconds, then I hope we give him serious consideration. We're not winning the Natty or even the ACC in 2020, so let's get a kid in there who can sling it well and to the guys wearing our jerseys as opposed to going with nimble dudes who toss it to DB's, like the guys already on our roster?

Advertisement
The down side to Costello is he doesn’t graduate until May. Other than that I think he would be a good fit.

Advertisement
1579038858601.png

Advertisement
Could end up in Starkville with Mike Leach.

BTW WSU replaced Leach with Nick Rolovich from Hawaii. Runs a high octane offense. That would be another landing spot for Costello.

I would take him here in a heartbeat.

Not mobile at all and he hates pressure especially up the middle. Upon pressure Costello's legs buckle and he throws awkwardly while leaning backwards.

From the first time I saw him I knew Stanford would decline if Costello were the quarterback.

He does have a good arm if you can keep him clean and design an offense that relies on nothing but line drives. Not exactly a touch thrower

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back