I would punch my best friend in the face

trhanna

Recruit
Coach Golden after the game said that Stephen's costly turnover hurt. He also uttered not being able to convert a first down at the end of the game was pivotal. He also focused on the players who didn't travel because of personal choices. (I don't discredit any of these.) But never ONCE did he mention that the quarterback set a school record for completions. That this was his first 300 yard passing game since Richmond. That the were 3-6. That the defense failed to get off the field on 3rd down conversions. That we were killed in the middle of the field all day long. That we are 2 points away from setting a school record for points allowed. That we are 119th in total defense. That we looked lost on that side of the ball. That the defense failed twice at the end of the game, that we almost allowed 500 yards of total offense.

Seriously, I talk to my boy on a regular basis whom I have had the pleasure to coach along side with at a high school level and take the reigns as a defensive coordinator. I tell him, if I am that bad, please punch me in the face I deserve it. Why does coach D get a pass? Why does being held accountable bypass a friend? Coach Golden has preached accountability and to philosophically "think players not plays." But how can you expect these kids to buy into this when coach D is not being called out or tailoring the defense to the skill set of his players? I was upset at the loss, I was even more upset that Coach Fisch seemed to get more of the blame. You can not expect to score 40 points and lose. It is just moronic to place the blame strictly on him. But the elephant in the room needs a little recognition.

Coach D this is what i know to be self evident and true.

*Your first game as a Miami coordinator Maryland went up and down the field on you and threw wide receiver screens into oblivion. Your team acted like they had never seen one in their collective lives. (that trend continued throughout the whole year.)
*You introduced us that night to a bend but don't break ideal and stated numerous times its about points given up. (That trend now has to degraded to include points given up and about to set a school record in the process)
*You went on and were terrible on 3rd down efficiencies handcuffing the offense to be one of the worst in time of possession and forcing them to adjust to a high tempo offense this year to compensate. (that trend continues.)
*You were terrible against the run (K-State last year had a drive of 10 minutes and ran every single play) Even knowing that they would run, you were powerless to stop them. (Notre Dame this year anyone?)
*You were statistically very poor when blitzing. (Trend continues)
*Your team was very poor in accumulating sacks. (Trend continues)
*Your scheme includes having corners and safeties habitually not in the picture even on obvious short running downs. (Trend improving but frequently rears its ugly head)
*Your scheme has faster, smaller d lineman try to be more physical and 2 gap rather than use their strengths and play a traditional attacking one gap system. (Trend got Al Groh fired)
*Your scheme has slower linebackers playing one on one against slot receivers in lieu of a nickleback. (Trend killed you today)

But Mr Elephant in the room, here is the only stat you need to concern yourself with. You have the 119 total defense in the country. And I know without a shadow of a doubt, there is more talent on that side of the ball than to be that bad. I am not asking to be in the top ten, but you my friend have statistically been bad and will go down as the worst defense statistically in UM history. (freshmen or not) (But why does Al say we aren't young anymore, there is no more freshmen on this team) Oxymoron I guess. It doesn't apply to the defense, nor does thinking players not plays, nor does it after a loss when the game was more percentage based lost on the defense. Al do me a favor, punch your best friend in the face. I promise you he deserves it.

Advertisement
you aint neva told no lie, you aint neva told no lie

real ****** say chuuuuuurcccchhhh...prrreeeeaaaaaccchhhhhh

Advertisement
Corch Golden is the one who hired him. He's also the one that sat on all his timeouts, while UVa drove right down the field, knowing full well we have the worst defense in the country. He and his boyfriend are scrubs.

Yea, cause it is reasonable to think Golden will publicly call out a coach.

He didn't do it for Fisch when the offense stunk up the joint the last two weeks (and the defense actually showed up against FSU and VT). Why would he do it now? So the mob mentality of the fans can be satisfied for a day?

Advertisement
This is Al Golden's scheme, not D'Onofrio's.

Disagree. It is both of theirs. They scheme it together and Coach D calls all of the shots.

My point is firing D'Onofrio doesn't mean the scheme is going to change (which seems to be everyone's issue).

Gotcha and I agree. I asked someone earlier if they thought that if Coach D was fired would the new coordinator bring in his own scheme. I personally dont think so.

Youth is no excuse to be dead last defensively in D-1 football. 50-60 ok, but 119 is awful by any standards.

Advertisement

Disagree. It is both of theirs. They scheme it together and Coach D calls all of the shots.

My point is firing D'Onofrio doesn't mean the scheme is going to change (which seems to be everyone's issue).

Disagree. If he made a change at DC it would precisly mean the scheme would change.

I think he would give D'Onofrio a chance to run a new defense before he scapegoats him.

Golden's got plenty of job security.

Glen Cook is ROTFLHFAO at this Defense.

Glen Cook says he could do a better job corching these guys up.

Glen Cook LOL at []_[] tough

Disagree. If he made a change at DC it would precisly mean the scheme would change.

I think he would give D'Onofrio a chance to run a new defense before he scapegoats him.

And that wouldn't work either. It's the coach, not the scheme.

Advertisement

And that wouldn't work either. It's the coach, not the scheme.

Or neither.

Wouldn't Golden tell D'Onofrio to change his philosophy if he thought it was a problem? They've had successful defenses in the past. I would think Golden, no matter how much job security he has, would make D'Onofrio change his style (and not the scheme) if he really thought it would make a difference in how we played.

No matter how close you think they are, I definitely think Golden would step in if he thought the coach or scheme was the issue. Dude isn't trying to sabotage this program just to keep his friend.

Wouldn't Golden tell D'Onofrio to change his philosophy if he thought it was a problem? They've had successful defenses in the past. I would think Golden, no matter how much job security he has, would make D'Onofrio change his style (and not the scheme) if he really thought it would make a difference in how we played.

No matter how close you think they are, I definitely think Golden would step in if he thought the coach or scheme was the issue. Dude isn't trying to sabotage this program just to keep his friend.

This is the point I've raised several times this season, but ad hominem arguments rule the day.

I remember when golden got hired people were begging that Dorito comes with him, **** was that a mistake

Advertisement
Back