I now believe in UFOs

CashMoneyCane

Mahoney 7
UFO does not mean alien. A UFO could be a bird.

There is a massive, enormous difference between "believing" in UFO's, believing in alien life, and believing alien life has visited earth deliberately.

Liberty City El

Dejazmach
I believe there is life on other planets in other Galaxies.

I'm doubtful we've ever been visited, at least not in modern times.

If any Alien life has ever come to Earth it was several hundred-thousand years ago before recorded human history.

SBERG

Recruit
I believe there is life on other planets in other Galaxies.

I'm doubtful we've ever been visited, at least not in modern times.

If any Alien life has ever come to Earth it was several hundred-thousand years ago before recorded human history.
Ok so here's a take... I, like you believe there has to be something somewhere else... I can't believe that were the only planet where life is taking place...
Now... As far as Alien life visiting our planet..... There's many ways to take it obviously cause we just don't know.... One theory that has always stuck with me is if Aliens have visited that would mean that they're so far advanced intellectually that it's really tough to know what they have as far as Ships to travel in and what those ships are capable of.... I mean is it unreasonable to believe that they can cloak themselves from any kind of satellite, radar or whatever we use to track what happens in space???
I'm gonna leave it at that for now cause there's just a billion scenario's that can come from this... lol

Antcane

Goes to games
Ok so here's a take... I, like you believe there has to be something somewhere else... I can't believe that were the only planet where life is taking place...
Now... As far as Alien life visiting our planet..... There's many ways to take it obviously cause we just don't know.... One theory that has always stuck with me is if Aliens have visited that would mean that they're so far advanced intellectually that it's really tough to know what they have as far as Ships to travel in and what those ships are capable of.... I mean is it unreasonable to believe that they can cloak themselves from any kind of satellite, radar or whatever we use to track what happens in space???
I'm gonna leave it at that for now cause there's just a billion scenario's that can come from this... lol
Roll that ****, light that ****, hit that ****, hold it in and pass that ****.

CashMoneyCane

Mahoney 7
Statistically speaking it is extraordinarily likely there is extraterrestrial life. The universe is so large it's literally incomprehensible to most people. I've seen the math and there are potentially billions of planets that could support life as we know it.

I also doubt we've been "visited" and large ascribe to Hawking's viewpoint. If life made a point to come to Earth from elsewhere, it is exceedingly likely that life would be hostile and technologically advanced beyond our comprehension.

That being said, the videos recently released by the Navy, accompanied with interviews from fighter pilots who saw it first hand, has me second guessing the above.

gruntking

Senior
There are many strange and inexplicable things that are remnants of ancient civilizations. I've always been fascinated at the accounts in the Biblical old testament... alien visitation seems like a definite possibility back then.

Last edited:

MovingZen

#HistoryIsViolent
I'd be more surprised if there wasn't some form of life somewhere else. I'm not with traveling faster than the speed of light so I cant believe aliens have been here in my lifetime. I'm conflicted on UFO's, why would anything spend the time it takes to get here and not hang out? At least get a beer before you head off.

Statistically speaking it is extraordinarily likely there is extraterrestrial life. The universe is so large it's literally incomprehensible to most people. I've seen the math and there are potentially billions of planets that could support life as we know it.

I also doubt we've been "visited" and large ascribe to Hawking's viewpoint. If life made a point to come to Earth from elsewhere, it is exceedingly likely that life would be hostile and technologically advanced beyond our comprehension.

That being said, the videos recently released by the Navy, accompanied with interviews from fighter pilots who saw it first hand, has me second guessing the above.
The distances that aliens would have to travel, and the physics entailed, make it nearly impossible that aliens have visited earth. In my non-physicist, non-astronomer opinion. Two major obstacles are time and distance.

Don’t know if life is even common throughout the universe. I think there is other life, I just don’t know how common it is. It may be rare, or we may be alone.

Google “the great silence in space“ and “the Fermi paradox” sometime. Interesting perspective. That is, if you want to go down that rabbit hole.

As far as Hawking’s viewpoint: What has happened on this planet when much more advanced civilizations have “discovered” less advanced civilizations? We all know the answer to that.

I will leave you with this quote from the science-fiction writer Arthur C Clarke: "Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

MainLineCane

No More Excuses
i believe we may have been visited briefly by aliens sometime in our history

By default a civilization capable of interplanetary or intergalactic space travel would be much further advanced than we are

So anyone asking "Why haven't they made contact with us?".......the real question is ....Why would they?:unsure:

Anyone objectively reviewing human history to date, realizes that we have absolutely nothing of value or interest beyond observational to any advanced society capable of intergalactic space travel.

It's only our excessive & unwarranted hubris that allows us to even think that a fearful, warlike, xenophobic planet, with little to no respect for even others of its own kind, with very poor fact driven reasoning skills, and with only the slightest grip of the natural realities of its own planet, such as ourselves......
  • would be sought out by aliens for friendship :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg: or viewed as on equal footing 🤧
  • would be of any real interest ( beyond the same observational interest we have in other animals & closely related primates ( for those thinking that the aliens would be humanlike ), :noidea:
  • and especially, would be of any real value :youre-nuts:to any alien species that have already mastered interplanetary & intergalactic space travel.

Finally, for those believing the fine citizens claiming to have actually experienced advanced alien contact....Ask yourselves why would any advanced society with advanced scientific skills......consistently only contact / scan or probe / temporarily extract for observation... human specimens with subpar mental and dental quality.... that live in metal homes near heavily wooded areas.

Last edited:

Pelican45

Freshman

This ^^^.
People who dismiss the possibility by citing the time and distance limitations are stuck in thinking those limitations are real. I don't.

YUMU

Recruit
All I have to say is this -

Milky Way the galaxy where we live has more or less 250 billion stars (suns) and at least 100 billion planets.. ok BILLIONS

there are at least 200 billion galaxies in the “observable universe” ( it is bigger) with at least 1 billion trillion stars (suns) and planets

the odds of others are almost infinite

IndayArtHauz

Inane Source
Staff member
I’m not skeptical about the existence of life outside of Earth. I am wholly skeptical of the idea that we will ever encounter it. I don’t think people grasp the difficulty of long term interstellar flight because even nominal distances within our little galaxy are almost impossible to comprehend.

The very thing that makes ET possible is the thing that keeps us from ever meeting him. The alien may not be the fairy tale, but contact is.