I gotta ask...

bolivar

Junior
Like most on this board, I am a HUGE Cane fan but I live in west Tennesse. I gotta ask, Do recruits and/or coaches take Luke seriously? His tweets scare the **** outta me...

Advertisement
He is viewed like that rambling crackhead you see every morning waiting to get on the highway.

Advertisement
Al goes to 3rd Cousin Luke for an approval before offering a kid. His word is bond in Coral Gables.

He is a clown and is pretty much treated as such

I agree Luke is a clown, but the OP has a valid question. Does Luke have any influence over these kids and the decisions they make? Does he influence their parents? He coaches at Northwestern, or did, and is connected in the inner city. Is he considered a clown by those folks in the inner city?

Advertisement
In Miami unfortunately he is taken seriously. Mainly because of all that he does in the community and in the youth football circles. When you are around and trying to help people tend to listen to you more.

In Miami unfortunately he is taken seriously. Mainly because of all that he does in the community and in the youth football circles. When you are around and trying to help people tend to listen to you more.

smh.........just smh

When people say we need positive role models, they ain't lying..

Like most on this board, I am a HUGE Cane fan but I live in west Tennesse. I gotta ask, Do recruits and/or coaches take Luke seriously? His tweets scare the **** outta me...

I assume you live in Hardeman County. I live in Shelby, we're almost neighbors, lol.

I assume you live in Hardeman County. I live in Shelby, we're almost neighbors, lol.

Yep. I guess you and I were the only 2 Cane fans sad about cancelling the home and home with Memphis...

Advertisement

Yep. I guess you and I were the only 2 Cane fans sad about cancelling the home and home with Memphis...

Yep, that kinda sucked, but I can understand Miami's cancelling.

By who?

Pretty sure most educated fans are tired of him. I think we treat him as that crazy uncle that you have to invite to the family get together, even though no one wants to.

But, I have no idea what import high school athletes give to him. Does his influence stretch beyond Northwestern?

Also, as kooky as he is, it is unquestioned that he loves the football team; doubt he'd steer someone to UF or FSU or elsewhere, if that's the concern here.

Advertisement
Hollywood27, I know this isnt the right board or thread, but havent seen you make any predictions regarding the 2013 class. Would love to hear what you think....

Oh I have no predictions right now. Most of my info comes from working camps over the summer. Shoot, I'm consumed with trying to get my kids signed right now.

But beginning of the season I was sold MT6 was going to FSU but not so much anymore.

Advertisement
Back