2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

I wonder where does LT salaries fit in the scheme of things….. and before one our resident “smart asses” point out that LT is a position on the OL, save yourself the post. I know that. 😂🤣😂 I’m talking strictly about money. What are they paying some of these guys?

I wonder where does LT salaries fit in the scheme of things….. and before one our resident “smart asses” point out that LT is a position on the OL, save yourself the post. I know that. 😂🤣😂 I’m talking strictly about money. What are they paying some of these guys?
I think he was accounting for just Tackles in that group but labeled it as OL. Technically the top 10 highest paid OLs are all Tackles.

This upcoming season will be a good gauge for those GMs who made this move.

The Top10 WRs in APY:
Tyreek Hill
Davante Adams
DeAndre Hopkins
AJ Brown
Stefon Diggs
DJ Moore
Keenan Allen
Chris Godwin
Amari Cooper
Mike Williams

Hill, Adams, Brown, Diggs, Cooper and Hopkins were all traded. So those GMs were willing to give up these guys to build their rosters a different way.

Hill, Adams and Diggs had the most success elevating their teams, but it's no surprise that each also had elite QBs in Mahomes, Rodgers and Allen.

We'll see how much impact a WR has on teams with lesser talented QBs this year with Hill in Miami with Tua and Brown in Philly with Hurts.

To be fair he plays qb like a wr
I will not accept Tanny slander!

He was in a terrible situation in Miami, and still was a solid QB. Led that pathetic franchise to a playoff in 2016 before having a major injury playing behind consistently one of the worse OL's in the NFL.

Goes to Tennessee takes over a team floundering leads them to a playoff that year, makes a run to the AFC title game beating Brady and Jackson on the road.

Since coming to Tennessee he has taken team to playoffs 3 straight years, made a Pro Bowl, and has put up:

30-13 as a starter

873 comp-1,298 att/67% comp/10,295 yards/76 TD's/27INTs/104.5 QB rating.

He also added 621 yards rushing and 18 rushing TD's. 94 combined TDs in 2 and a half seasons. Definitely WR playing QB ha!

His wins and numbers as a QB in that period fall only behind:

Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Allen
Jackson
Wilson
Herbert
Burrow

He has been a top 10 QB in the league.

Now that Tennessee took his best weapon away, not sure this year will continue that.

Meanwhile phins go get Waddle and Hill, and Tua can't even get them the ball downfield.

Advertisement

He was in a terrible situation in Miami, and still was a solid QB. Led that pathetic franchise to a playoff in 2016 before having a major injury playing behind consistently one of the worse OL's in the NFL.

Goes to Tennessee takes over a team floundering leads them to a playoff that year, makes a run to the AFC title game beating Brady and Jackson on the road.

Since coming to Tennessee he has taken team to playoffs 3 straight years, made a Pro Bowl, and has put up:

30-13 as a starter

He also added 621 yards rushing and 18 rushing TD's. 94 combined TDs in 2 and a half seasons. Definitely WR playing QB ha!

Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Allen
Jackson
Wilson
Herbert
Burrow

Now that Tennessee took his best weapon away, not sure this year will continue that.

Meanwhile phins go get Waddle and Hill, and Tua can't even get them the ball downfield.
Top 10?
FCC699DB-39A1-4A0B-80DE-FA3CBF3946B4.gif

30-13 as a starter

Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Allen
Jackson
Wilson
Herbert
Burrow

He's a solid QB in the regular season for sure but he's cheeks in the playoffs when it actually matters.

30-13 as a starter

Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Allen
Jackson
Wilson
Herbert
Burrow

Pop Tv Laughing GIF by Schitt's Creek

Since coming to Tennessee yea he has been right there at about the 10 spot.

Tanny haters from his Miami days are like blind sheep, it's all Tannys fault bah bah ba.

You realize that the Titans were going nowhere when he took over in 2019 mid season, helped turn them around got to playoffs? The next year when Tanny had he had weapons on offense and a good OL he was a pro bowl QB.

This past year they lost Henry in game 6-7? Jones was hurt half the year and was average and washed up when he played, and AJ Brown was also injured a lot. They got the 1 seed in the AFC.

But just keep being the Tanny hating sheep bah bah ba.

Going into this year I probably slot him around 12-14 QB, and yea he does need to perform better in the playoffs.

Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Allen
Jackson
Wilson
Herbert
Burrow
Watson
Stafford
Dak
Tanny

Advertisement

Tanny haters from his Miami days are like blind sheep, it's all Tannys fault bah bah ba.

You realize that the Titans were going nowhere when he took over in 2019 mid season, helped turn them around got to playoffs? The next year when Tanny had he had weapons on offense and a good OL he was a pro bowl QB.

This past year they lost Henry in game 6-7? Jones was hurt half the year and was average and washed up when he played, and AJ Brown was also injured a lot. They got the 1 seed in the AFC.

Going into this year I probably slot him around 12-14 QB, and yea he does need to perform better in the playoffs.

Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Allen
Jackson
Wilson
Herbert
Burrow
Watson
Stafford
Dak
Tanny
That’s about right but you are missing Murray as well.

30-13 as a starter

Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Allen
Jackson
Wilson
Herbert
Burrow

As a Dolphin fan I wish you guys would have taken him sooner. He was terrible when it counted.

It's no coincidence he exploded in Tenn considering he had the best RB in football.

Who was the last TAMU receiver who got more than a cup of coffee in the league besides Evans?

Has Jimbo put a single dude in the league at the position who wasn’t a total bust?

OSU, Bama, these places make sense for a WR. Going to TAMU with Jimbo’s “so slow it breaks the SP+” offense is literally saying “I’ll believe any lie so long as it’s told by Andrew Jackson.” It’s possibly the worst offense in college football for a wide receiver since Paul Johnson got canned.
Who could forget about the great Bethel Johnson? He made Tom Terrific a household name.

Advertisement
This upcoming season will be a good gauge for those GMs who made this move.

The Top10 WRs in APY:
Tyreek Hill
Davante Adams
DeAndre Hopkins
AJ Brown
Stefon Diggs
DJ Moore
Keenan Allen
Chris Godwin
Amari Cooper
Mike Williams

Hill, Adams, Brown, Diggs, Cooper and Hopkins were all traded. So those GMs were willing to give up these guys to build their rosters a different way.

Hill, Adams and Diggs had the most success elevating their teams, but it's no surprise that each also had elite QBs in Mahomes, Rodgers and Allen.

We'll see how much impact a WR has on teams with lesser talented QBs this year with Hill in Miami with Tua and Brown in Philly with Hurts.
Whether it’s the right move or not isn’t the point though. Point is that right now we have seen a shift where WRs have been made a priority from a money standpoint. Hykeem getting a crazy NIL seems right in line with today’s trends.

30-13 as a starter

Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Allen
Jackson
Wilson
Herbert
Burrow

Georgia - LMAO!!

Anyway, my initial comment wasn’t slander vs Tanney.

The point was that Texas 8&4’s best wide receiver is actually an NFL QB. Not an NFL receiver.

30-13 as a starter

Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Allen
Jackson
Wilson
Herbert
Burrow

He has been a top 10 QB in

30-13 as a starter

Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Allen
Jackson
Wilson
Herbert
Burrow

He’s not a top ten qb, maybe top 15 ( that’s generous). Lucky for him he’s in a situation that doesn’t put the offense on his shoulders. Their game plan is to run the ball and feed the beast. Depend on that Ol and run game. It’s kinda hard to suck when the defense is in a eight man front most plays and is selling out for the run. You can’t win putting the entire game on his shoulders like most qb’s have to. He’s the closest thing you’ll find to a game manager in todays football.

In any other situation he’d be more of what he really is. Most playoff qb’s now have the entire game plan on their backs, his is more keep the chains moving. And why he’ll continue to get exposed when it matters.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Allen
Jackson
Wilson
Herbert
Burrow
Watson
Stafford
Dak
Tanny
All things equal I’d take Cousins over Tanneyhill.

I’d even go as far and say it’s a toss up with Wentz as well.
Situations and what the qb is asked to do is the great separator. Put Tanneyhill in a position where the game is on his arm and it wouldn’t be nice. That’s how I judge qb’s. Tanneyhill has never been that guy. Move the chains and make the defense pay for selling out too much. I bet he sees half the coverages as most nfl qb’s in a game. If there was a qb redraft he’d likely be towards the twenties.

Brady
Rogers
Mahomes
Allen
Jackson
Wilson
Herbert
Burrow
Watson
Stafford
Dak
Tanny

That’s about right but you are missing Murray as well.
He a fringe top 10 AFC QB yall stop this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back