2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Florida passing game is going in the wrong direction, TAMU attempted 20 passes in a game and it's 2022, UGA doesn't throw to their WRs except the lil white slot WR, Clemson can't can't throw it well anymore, so again what are these guys negative recruiting against us we can't combat?
UGA and Clemson have been highly successful so I wouldn’t put much in that. Florida though with Jean is a head scratcher but I don’t think he ends up there. Wilson and Mizell are legacies.

I think we’re going to have to change up something or hope guys execute in order to do better with the WR’s. We will definitely need to pay $$$ as well. If we aren’t getting the WR’s, finish strong with RB and OL in the class and go portal strong at WR.

the staff got turned down by all the other elite local WRs. its a tough cycle without the results yet for the rep Mario is coming in with on the offensive end. next year will be bette r
Mario's rep on offense is obviously pretty bad. Pair that with a prehistoric offense from Gattis and Miami is getting absolutely cooked. Next year he has to completely change the offensive philosophy, even if Gattis stays.

UGA and Clemson have been highly successful so I wouldn’t put much in that. Florida though with Jean is a head scratcher but I don’t think he ends up there. Williams and Mizell are legacies.

I think we’re going to have to change up something or hope guys execute in order to do better with the WR’s. We will definitely need to pay $$$ as well. If we aren’t getting the WR’s, finish strong with RB and OL in the class and go portal strong at WR.
jean seems like he wants to stay in state but not miami after the b Mac stuff (no inside info here just outside pov)

Advertisement
Is this kid gonna sign with FSU at LOI time, but say he’s keeping his portal options open too?

not many WR want to play in this offense for an ultra conservative HC
A direct quote from Gattis a few months ago is that he will tailor the offense to match it's strengths and hide it's weaknesses.. now we are in season and WR is STILL one of those weaknesses, while LOS play has improved significantly. He has to prioritize winning games now rather than placating an offense to HS WR's. There is an easy story to sell. I'm just tired of this narrative that Gattis only runs a boring, tired offensive scheme. It's just not factual.

jean seems like he wants to stay in state but not miami after the b Mac stuff (no inside info here just outside pov)
If he just doesn’t like Miami then I guess so but I never saw him as necessarily anti-Miami. I saw him as a kid who doesn’t like the system. I have no idea though I’m just speculating.

Advertisement
A direct quote from Gattis a few months ago is that he will tailor the offense to match it's strengths and hide it's weaknesses.. now we are in season and WR is STILL one of those weaknesses, while LOS play has improved significantly. He has to prioritize winning games now rather than placating an offense to HS WR's. There is an easy story to sell. I'm just tired of this narrative that Gattis only runs a boring, tired offensive scheme. It's just not factual.
Perception is reality

Advertisement
Advertisement
Even if the kid doesn’t fit here (and I don’t believe he does), it still sucks *** for the programs perception.

Two 5-star kids (Brown and Williams) and none of them came here. Add on top of that Jean, and the perception that Miami can’t keep skill position kids home is further amplified.

Negative recruiting is hotter than ever thanks to the passing game going in the wrong direction.

And to be clear, this is months of kids visiting and watching practice over and over. It’s a miracle Joseph jumped into the boat and that Washington is still so solid.
Warning GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back