Hurricane Club - we're no LSU

TheOriginalCane

So say good night to the bad guy!
Premium
One sign of renewed enthusiasm about the program: Donations to the Hurricane Club, in the fiscal year ending May 31, were up $900,000 from the previous year, to more than $6.2 million. What’s more, more than 3,600 people donated to the Hurricane Club during the past year, compared with a bit more than 2,000 the previous year.

Jesse Marks, UM’s senior associate athletic director/development, cited various factors. Among them: additional perks for Hurricane Club members (including more access than ever) and excitement over “Manny coming in with The New Miami.”

UM raised $250,000 for its spring tour — more than past years — and every event was sold out in part because of the enthusiasm Diaz generates during those speeches. “Manny is an excellent orator for the vision of our program,” Marks said.

UM has sold 37,000 season tickets for football, not yet having surpassed last year’s total.

Advertisement
One sign of renewed enthusiasm about the program: Donations to the Hurricane Club, in the fiscal year ending May 31, were up $900,000 from the previous year, to more than $6.2 million. What’s more, more than 3,600 people donated to the Hurricane Club during the past year, compared with a bit more than 2,000 the previous year.

Jesse Marks, UM’s senior associate athletic director/development, cited various factors. Among them: additional perks for Hurricane Club members (including more access than ever) and excitement over “Manny coming in with The New Miami.”

UM raised $250,000 for its spring tour — more than past years — and every event was sold out in part because of the enthusiasm Diaz generates during those speeches. “Manny is an excellent orator for the vision of our program,” Marks said.

UM has sold 37,000 season tickets for football, not yet having surpassed last year’s total.

rough home schedule imo. we got lucky w FSU last year and ND the year before.

rough home schedule imo. we got lucky w FSU last year and ND the year before.

if they would've offered the option to buy tickets to the UF game to all season ticket holders, not just based on how much you donate, then I'm sure season ticket sales would've been a lot stronger

if they would've offered the option to buy tickets to the UF game to all season ticket holders, not just based on how much you donate, then I'm sure season ticket sales would've been a lot stronger

it was offered to both, i believe (im a STH, but never did the extra donation to move up a tier)

Advertisement
They did, how much you donate set the time frame

It's a tier system. The people who pay the most, get first crack at away game tickets. I'm in the second to lowest tier and I had the opportunity to buy UF tickets.

Good to hear Manolo is driving up donations to the university. Does anyone know if all the funds are allocated back to the football program or does it get split across Title IX? Asking in case Brock gets his updated locker room now since we banking!!!

Advertisement
Good to hear Manolo is driving up donations to the university. Does anyone know if all the funds are allocated back to the football program or does it get split across Title IX? Asking in case Brock gets his updated locker room now since we banking!!!

i think it depends on where you earmark it towards. so some donations i give specifically send to the athletics dept and some i send to college of arts and science and some to the general fund. regarding athletics, i believe it goes back to the dept and not specifically football, but not 100 percent sure.

Please explain how we got lucky in these games

not by result. got lucky with having those games at home in reference to the season ticket numbers...

two years ago, we lost kaaya and had rosier as a starter coming off a 9 win year. ND was the lone marquee home game which helps STH numbers. FSU was the only marquee home game last year which always helps. this year, UF is neutral and FSU is away. don't have a marquee home game

i think it depends on where you earmark it towards. so some donations i give specifically send to the athletics dept and some i send to college of arts and science and some to the general fund. regarding athletics, i believe it goes back to the dept and not specifically football, but not 100 percent sure.

Thanks mate. I honestly wasn’t aware so this makes sense that there is a general fund as well as the ability to specifically allocate funding to a particular sport. Appreciate it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back