Humor me

Advertisement
Deon Bush has to get healthy. Without that kid we won't win another game.

We need to beat Duke to win the coastal but if we want to have a chance against FSU we need our best players healthy and we need Duke Johnson to give blood tranfusions to a bunch of guys on the team so they can just have a fraction of the heart he has for The U.

Eddie Johnson for starters. How do you get yourself suspended after what happened at the beginning of the year and the fact we have a chance to do something here? I am baffled by this. Rashawn Scott too. Even though we were ok without Scott, it speaks to the character of some of these kids.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What has to happen for us to win the coastal?
we have to beat duke

Beat Duke and UNC lose. No weird tiebreaker needed.
UNC is ineligible. so I think all we need to do is beat duke

They are still included in tie breakers regardless. It wouldnt really affect us in a 2 way tie since they are ineligible. But they ***** us in the 3-way ties because the rules go from head-to-head to combined head-to-head records.

Advertisement
Do we really even care anymore? This team isn't deserving of a division title, and we win it by default because of UNC's ineligibility. I want what's best for UM, but getting into the game this way, with this defense, isn't my idea of winning a title.

What has to happen for us to win the coastal?
we have to beat duke

They are still included in tie breakers regardless. It wouldnt really affect us in a 2 way tie since they are ineligible. But they ***** us in the 3-way ties because the rules go from head-to-head to combined head-to-head records.
if its a 3 way tie with duke and unc, the combined head to head record still wont matter, because unc is still ineligible.

Advertisement
we have to beat duke

if its a 3 way tie with duke and unc, the combined head to head record still wont matter, because unc is still ineligible.

It does matter. It basically eliminates us from saying that we own the head to head with Duke or GT. Everyone would be 1-2 or 2-1 at that point. Then it goes into other options. It basically comes down to the ranking order of the tiebreaker to determine the winner. For instance:

Tiebreaker 1 ranking:
1a. UNC
1b. Miami
1c. GT/Duke

All tied, no winner regardless of UNC.

Tiebreaker 2 ranking:
1. UNC
2. Miami
2. Duke/GT

They would then award it to us since UNC is ineligible. However, they are still included in all of the tiebreaker scenarios.

Advertisement
Back