How the **** is Bryce Perkins (UVA) considered the 2nd best QB in the ACC?

Miami made a lot of QBs look like trash. Kinda what happens when you lead the country in pass defense. Probably means the opposing QBs don’t put up good numbers against you.

That being said, at this point it can be argued he’s the 2nd best. Who has put up better dual threat numbers? There is a ton of turnover in the ACC this year at QB. I agree as well the kid didn’t impress me, but he did play well against basically everybody but Miami and who can you say right now is better? Perry? Sam Howell? Blackman? There’s new QBs everywhere in the conference and basically all are unproven.
Exactly

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s the best qb we will face in the regular season. In 2018 he had 65% 2680 passing yards 25 tds 9 ints,923 rushing yards 9 tds. I’m definitely not worried about him though. Miami made him look trash last year where he was 12-21 92 yards and 3 ints
It still drives me crazy that Richt found a way to have our Offense out suck UVA last year, with a performance like that from Perkins.

Blows me away, too. Not sure if it says more about the state of QB play in the ACC, or the writers that cover the league.

End of the day, I believe the conclusion that is typically being drawn is true. Virginia is our biggest conference game of the year this season, and our biggest competition/threat for winning the Coastal. Bronco Mendenhall is a legit coach could have that program maintain a status as thorn in our side in-division for a good number of years.

October 5-11 is the most important 7 days of our season this year when it comes to winning the Coastal. Planning to be there for both, just booked my hotel room for Friday night, the 11th, this morning.
oh ima be there loud AF, if you're sitting next to me you better try to be louder like getting punched in the face. it was the livest I've seen that place for noon game. They'll have no idea on. Frida night!!!!

oh ima be there loud AF, if you're sitting next to me you better try to be louder like getting punched in the face. it was the livest I've seen that place for noon game. They'll have no idea on. Frida night!!!!

Don’t love how the schedule sets up. I think UVA knows that’s the biggest game on the schedule for them too, and although it’s on a Friday night, they have 13 days to get ready and we’re on a short week after another big Coastal game (VT). Gonna have to overcome that.

Perkins is a limited passer. Mendenhall and his staff did an excellent job of hiding his flaws, but you can't expect that to happen multiple years in a row. You can't have a guy throw nothing but high percentage passes, when defenses all around the country know that he can't hit anything resembling a tight window, he struggles to consistently nail the medium range passes.

The UVA game last year was when I checked out on Richt, because it took the worst offense I've ever seen outside of Kirby Freeman to lose to UVa. You should be able to manufacture 20 points against that team, and Miami couldn't even accomplish that.

Advertisement
“In 2018 he had 65% 2680 passing yards 25 tds 9 ints,923 rushing yards 9 tds”. Y’all dogging this kid but if we can get those numbers out of Tate, or any of our QBs (less rushing yards and more passing yards) we will win big.

Bryce Perkins in 2018: 64.5% completions, 3603 total yards, 7.7 YPA, 34 TDs, 9 INTs

Malik Rosier in 2017: 54% completions, 3588 total yards, 7.5 YPA, 31 TDs, 14 INTs

And we were 10-0 and #2 in the country. Yeah, I’d say if we get the same numbers we’ll be just fine. Perkins had a better year last year than Malik did in 2017 in every way. And a lot of people at this time last year thought that Miami was a top 10 team in the country with Malik leading it. Perkins isn’t garbage. Miami made him look like garbage. But if you give any QB on Miami’s roster those numbers this year, this team will sleepwalk to Charlotte.

that's when it all began to really fall apart for the Richtanic, the iceberg hit that night. We were all running for life boats and looking for Claire
We hit the iceberg in the first half against LSU. We realized we were sinking against UVA. I’m glad that ship is resting on the ocean floor and that captain is there with it(metaphorically speaking.)

Richt was the worst OC in all of football last year, plain and simple. In fact I bet we could’ve got some of these bright OCs in Dade and Broward and they could’ve had more success. I see plenty of motion at the high school level and I’m not sure if Richt knows you can do that. He was the absolute worst.

Advertisement
If you're strictly looking at statistics and you're trying to pick the second best QB in the conference after Trevor Lawrence. (btw, remember when people here though it was stupid to bench Kelly Bryant for him?) it's hard to ignore Perkins' overall numbers. Agreed he was hot garbage against Miami though. He's actually a similar player to Felipe Franks. Better runner than thrower. Padded his passing stats against very weak teams but looked below average against good teams. Plays in a system that doesn't expect him to complete passes downfield consistently. Manny Diaz has feasted against these types of QBs during his tenure here. He will take away the designed runs and short passing game and give you the downfield throws banking on your inability to do it consistently.

We hold Beanie Weanie to Perkin’s numbers from last season and Miami wipes their cleats off with Gayturd meat. We’ve got to continue to make offenses one-dimensional as we did for the vast majority of last season. The major difference being this year we’ll have a Top 40 offense to help control tempo and clock, while racking up points. With that, I too am also happy we have UVA and Vag Tech at home, albeit it sucks to have to go back to back games versus them both. Regardless, we should be up for both contests as with victories we will then completely control our destiny in the ACC Coastal

We hold Beanie Weanie to Perkin’s numbers from last season and Miami wipes their cleats off with Gayturd meat. We’ve got to continue to make offenses one-dimensional as we did for the vast majority of last season. The major difference being this year we’ll have a Top 40 offense to help control tempo and clock, while racking up points. With that, I too am also happy we have UVA and Vag Tech at home, albeit it sucks to have to go back to back games versus them both. Regardless, we should be up for both contests as with victories we will then completely control our destiny in the ACC Coastal
I agree! Especially the bold part. That key on defense and the QB having a good year. I want to see our first two games... uif and unc. I think starting off 2-0 is really important for momentum.

Advertisement
Lol. All y’all talking **** about this kid.... . Watch he shows out on our *** doing all the **** we claim he can’t do. I’ve seen this fck’g movie too many times over the last 14 or so years. *****, YAWN.

Advertisement
Back