How the **** is Bryce Perkins (UVA) considered the 2nd best QB in the ACC?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s the best qb we will face in the regular season. In 2018 he had 65% 2680 passing yards 25 tds 9 ints,923 rushing yards 9 tds. I dont Fear him though. Miami made him look trash last year where he was 12-21 92 yards and 3 ints

12/21, 92 yards and 3 INT against UM.

I have seen this stated in several forums. This guy is garbage.

Blows me away, too. Not sure if it says more about the state of QB play in the ACC, or the writers that cover the league.

End of the day, I believe the conclusion that is typically being drawn is true. Virginia is our biggest conference game of the year this season, and our biggest competition/threat for winning the Coastal. Bronco Mendenhall is a legit coach could have that program maintain a status as thorn in our side in-division for a good number of years.

October 5-11 is the most important 7 days of our season this year when it comes to winning the Coastal. Planning to be there for both, just booked my hotel room for Friday night, the 11th, this morning.

Advertisement
And had 2590 passing yards 25 tds 6 ints, 860 rushing yards vs everyone else

All you did was subtract 92 yards and 3 INT.

What does that prove?

You said he is the best we'll face, yet statistics say he was the worst we faced?

How come every other QB we faced did better against us?

Advertisement
All you did was subtract 92 yards and 3 INT.

What does that prove?

You said he is the best we'll face, yet statistics say he was the worst we faced?

How come every other QB we faced did better against us?
Miami made all qbs look sh*tty vs Miami last year. Just because you make someone look trash doesn’t mean they are. And how do you say statistics say he was the worst we faced when he has the best stats overall of any qb on our schedule. 2700 passing yards 65% 930 rushing yards 9 tds is nothing to scoff at and definitely isn’t trash

Advertisement
It's bc Finley, Dungey and Jones are all gone and outside of Sunshine, the ACC has little in terms of proven QBs.

Eventhough Perkins looks terrible at times, he has fantasy stats that most other ACC QBs don't have.

Mendenhall runs a power QB running style of offense.
Think of what he ran at BYU. If you stop the run game, game over.

Essentially, if you can man up on the outside and load the box and send from every and any way it's easy pickings, which is what happend.

12/21, 92 yards and 3 INT against UM.

True, but that was his worst performance of the year. From there head 14 touchdowns to two interceptions over the next seven games.

Cavaliers fell to Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech in overtime in final two regular season games before shutting out South Carolina in the bowl game.

Stats for those three games combined: 57-of-86 for 684 yards with seven touchdowns and no interceptions. Also rushed for 266 yards those three games (on 55 carries) with a touchdown.

Kid isn't "trash" as some are saying here. Hardly a world-beater, but he's a tough kid and a gamer. 8-5 could've very easily have been 10-3 for them last year.

All that to say, glad we have them in Miami this year—as Charlottesville has given the Canes fits for years. Outside of that Orange Bowl rout in 2007, UM generally plays UVA well at home.

Advertisement
Back