How in the **** does the whole Co-Defensive coordinator thing work anyway?

Advertisement
I just laid it out for you. According to you, Richt said to himself, "I really don't want to go thru a hiring process. It's such a pain. Let me make 2 defensive position coaches co-defensive coordinators because two is better than one." Yah, that sounds pretty rational. NOT!!!
No, he panicked and thought salvaging a 30ish ranked recruiting class (not even a guarantee) was better than waiting it out and finding the right hire. Why do you think Kirby is in no rush to get his DC? Rorcht is running a D3 program

I been saying it here since our defense has proven incredible...Diaz should've gotten more money then Temple offered and be our HC in waiting like Jimbo did at FSU. To little to late and now a scramble to keep recruits.....sad!

Advertisement
My opinion:

Simpson is now top dog in the defensive meeting room, just as Richt is on offense.

Brown and Dugans are co-OCs but they answer to Richt.

Patke and Banda are co-DCs but will answer to Associate HC Simpson.

The co-coordinator title is just that -- a title.

A clever way to ensure that those guys wouldn't bolt.

Offense: Richt, Brown, Dugans, Hartley, Searels, Richt

Defense: Simpson, Banda, Patke, Rumph, TBA
Took reading 4 pages to get to someone who makes sense.... Lol

No, he panicked and thought salvaging a 30ish ranked recruiting class (not even a guarantee) was better than waiting it out and finding the right hire. Why do you think Kirby is in no rush to get his DC? Rorcht is running a D3 program

Retaining or hiring a coach/coaches for the sole purpose of getting or keeping a certain recruit is one of the dumbest narratives. I would give up 100 Tyrique Stevensons for 1 Dave Aranda.

Retaining or hiring a coach/coaches for the sole purpose of getting or keeping a certain recruit is one of the dumbest narratives. I would give up 100 Tyrique Stevensons for 1 Dave Aranda.
As much as I don't expect from Rorcht, I really really didn't expect this. It's absolutely mind blowing. We're launching a national search, my phone is blowing up. The next day, the bartender and the community college LB are Co-DCs. LULZ

As much as I don't expect from Rorcht, I really really didn't expect this. It's absolutely mind blowing. We're launching a national search, my phone is blowing up. The next day, the bartender and the community college LB are Co-DCs. LULZ

Oh yeah, the dude straight up lied.

Wish someone in the media would have called him out on it.

Advertisement
I can't argue with crazy cause you don't make sense. You don't present anything plausible just conjecture that fits your angry irrational psyche.

I gave you a plausible reason, but your brain is unwilling to accept it. Richt didn't want to lose 2 of his assistant coaches and lose more recruits. You don't have to like what he did, but I just told you why he did it.

With neither guy having any DC experience, does one call the shots until they **** the bed then the other one gets a crack at it or do they just split it by quarters or halves? Reminds me of our QB situation.

Note: I edited my original post to more accurately phrase my question.

Just a thought: Perhaps they just named them co defensive coordinators to keep them and they are still interviewing candidates for DC.

I just laid it out for you. According to you, Richt said to himself, "I really don't want to go thru a hiring process. It's such a pain. Let me make 2 defensive position coaches co-defensive coordinators because two is better than one." Yah, that sounds pretty rational. NOT!!!
Yes because promoting two of the most inexperienced position coaches on our staff to Defensive Coordinator is rational in itself...NOT!!

I can't argue with crazy cause you don't make sense. You don't present anything plausible just conjecture that fits your angry irrational psyche.

I gave you a plausible reason, but your brain is unwilling to accept it. Richt didn't want to lose 2 of his assistant coaches and lose more recruits. You don't have to like what he did, but I just told you why he did it.
Uh, that's exactly what I said. He panicked.

Advertisement
Yes because promoting two of the most inexperienced position coaches on our staff to Defensive Coordinator is rational in itself...NOT!!
FYI, last night after the NFL Sunday night football game on NBC Miami news Sports Final, Chris Fisher said exactly what I said regarding the reason Richt promoted Banda and Patke. That was to maintain cohesion in recruiting and in the defensive scheme. Banda has been the primary recruiter for Stevenson. On Wednesday we'll find out if that relationship has paid off.

Uh, that's exactly what I said. He panicked.
FYI, last night after the NFL Sunday night football game on NBC Miami news Sports Final, Chris Fisher said exactly what I said regarding the reason Richt promoted Banda and Patke. That was to maintain cohesion in recruiting and in the defensive scheme. Banda has been the primary recruiter for Stevenson. On Wednesday we'll find out if that relationship has paid off.

I understand what you're saying but I don't agree and it's great to get a Stevenson (IF he comes) but one player or even a couple with his talent will not change anything. Especially if the bartender and community college LB can't get anything out of him and others. Then, we won't be able to get anymore in future classes and it's a fail.

Advertisement
which one will be giving the hand singles?
the diaz boob squeezing gesture was on point

Advertisement
Back