SDE- JoeJax, DJax
WLB- Pink, Steed, Jennings
MLB- Shaq, Steed, Mike Smith
SLB- McCloud/Striker- DSmith
CB- MJ, Frierson, Ivey
SS- Redwine, Hall, Carter
FS- Jaquan, Knowles
CB- Bandy, Blades (Nickel), Dean, Ivey

We pretty much know Brevn will start. For the record, I'd expect some changes by the time FSU rolls around. Scaife might make the jump for LSU. This is a talented group, boys. Look at the skill positions. Look at the front 7.

24 days...

biz423

Redshirt Freshman
Unless Cager does something stupid or an injury, there’s NO way he gets surpassed by anybody.

That's a talented line up, the LSU game will tell us everything we need to know about our squad

Arehel

Redshirt Freshman
I think what has to be looked at regarding the rotation of WRs, is how they complement each other.

Is Pope a Z Receiver a better compliment to Richards or Langham at X? Or would Cager be a better compliment?
Personally Richards and Pope have the same type of qualities as a receivers, just at a different level (i.e., YAC player, that gets in an out of routes and a mighty deep threat). While Cager and Langham are similar type of players as well (i.e., big body, jump ball and do slants and in breaking routes).

With that being said, my receiver line up with rotation in mind would be vs. LSU:

Z - 1 Cager, 2 Pope, 3 Hightower
Y - 1 Harley, 2 Thomas, 3 Ezzard
X - 1 Richards, 2 Langham, 3 Wiggins (I would have put Njoku there before the injury)

I got Harley going in there at Y (Slot) because that is one bad mofo as blocking and he has similar qualities as Thomas, they just compliment Cager and Richards better.
I think it's important to have the right TE in with those specific groups as well.

Assuming you put the TE on the same side as X, with the Y and Z on the field side together, TE would be.
1&2 Jordan (assuming a better blocker), with Mallory in with the 3s (since his blocking is limited and his route running is stronger).
These are all assumptions based on reports and conversations we've all seen in here.

No he won't. It's not like we got a bunch of scrubs at WR. He will play and if he performs he will play a lot more. Dugans said himself he doesn't have a depth chart, he has an organizational chart. Everyone will play.

Also, in no way is Brevin assured of starting. He will battle Mallory all year for that spot, and it may go back and forth. Will Mallory is not going to go quietly into the night.

Last edited:

5XNC

Senior
No he won’t. Not a chance.

I think Kosi gets the backup job.

Pope will not start and may not play a down.

No way he starts at Z

We are in deep $hit if Pope is starting against LSU. This aint one of those types of games. This is for the "men-folk" only. This game is going to introduce guys like Pope to big time college football. This aint for the boys. Men only.

not sure if he will, but I'm just loving that depth chart. We comin hard this year!!!!

Hightower will be the first freshman WR to play IMO

brock

All-American
Unless Cager does something stupid or an injury, there’s NO way he gets surpassed by anybody.
▪ One interesting competition, with no clear leader, is the battle among Lawrence Cager and highly skilled freshmen Mark Pope and Brian Hightower for a starting job when UM opens in three receiver sets, alongside Ahmmon Richards and slot receiver Jeff Thomas (or Mike Harley).
The loser of the starting slot battle could also enter that “Z receiver” competition among Cager, Pope and Hightower.
“It’s open,” receivers coach Ron Dugans said Wednesday. “Nobody at that position has just separated themselves as far as the consistency part of it. That’s what I’m looking for, being consistent

Here’s what’s happening in ultra-competitive Miami Hurricanes battle for receiver jobs

Kid is a playmaker and will definitely get meaningful minutes if he can show that he is willing to block

jwcane97

Redshirt Freshman
How in the world do teams defend that group? Just insane the puzzle pieces you can mix and match. Imagine the red zone line up of Langham, Cager, Njoku, Jordan... Hell that is a solid starting 4 on a basketball team.

DTP

Section 102
It's certainly a possibility. According to the practice reports, Cager hasn't done much to separate himself from the freshmen. Hightower and Pope are coming for jobs and if the older guys can't get it right, they can take a seat.

biz423

Redshirt Freshman
▪ One interesting competition, with no clear leader, is the battle among Lawrence Cager and highly skilled freshmen Mark Pope and Brian Hightower for a starting job when UM opens in three receiver sets, alongside Ahmmon Richards and slot receiver Jeff Thomas (or Mike Harley).
The loser of the starting slot battle could also enter that “Z receiver” competition among Cager, Pope and Hightower.
“It’s open,” receivers coach Ron Dugans said Wednesday. “Nobody at that position has just separated themselves as far as the consistency part of it. That’s what I’m looking for, being consistent

Here’s what’s happening in ultra-competitive Miami Hurricanes battle for receiver jobs
Aka “let’s keep competing”...ain’t nobody believing that media smoke that the coaches are passing out..

Go back to bed Pope isn’t starting over Cager, Richards, Thomas. Hightower would start before Pope if a true freshman were to start.

brock

All-American
Aka “let’s keep competing”...ain’t nobody believing that media smoke that the coaches are passing out..
Cager not consistent enough to say he’s a no doubt starter

What had Cager proven to this point to make you all say that Pope has no chance of starting?