Holmes takes in first practice

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
It’s been a busy offseason for 2014 WR St. Thomas Aquinas WR Corey Holmes, who capped his junior season with a state championship and was offered by Miami on January 13th.

“I’ve been working out since about a week after the state championship because there is no offseason. I’m out there working out after school, on the weekends, and everyday so it’s been pretty hectic with that and recruiting. I’m enjoying it so far and it’s been really interesting,” said Holmes.

Holmes spoke about how recruiting has picked up for him recently.

“I would definitely say it’s a big difference because coaches are reaching out to me more often just to really start conversation. More colleges are beginning to show more interest too.”

What schools have been after him the hardest at this point in the process?

“Miami is talking to me a lot, Florida State, Michigan, Notre Dame, UCLA, West Virginia, and Maryland have all been in contact with me.”

The standout receiver says he’s gotten a good vibe from the Miami coaches.

“Coach D’Onofrio is the one who recruits my area and I talk to Coach Golden from time-to-time. They’re great guys and great coaches. They know what they’re doing and they prepare their players for life and the game.”

Holmes was on hand for Miami’s opening spring practice yesterday morning.

“Yesterday I actually attended their first spring practice. It was very interesting and really fun. I was just watching the receivers and got to talk to Coach Carroll and Coach Golden. I really enjoyed watching everything and it was really exciting. I said hello to Phillip Dorsett since he’s a St. Thomas alum.”

Miami coaches are have stressed the importance of receivers in this class to Holmes.

“The coaches mentioned that they only got one receiver in the 2013 class so they explained to me how important this class is for the receiver spot and they really need a quality receiver for this class.”

Miami’s four current commitments for the 2014 class are all from South Florida, something that Holmes sees as a positive.

“Some would say the best talent in the country is from right down here in South Florida so it’s good that Miami is able to keep them down here. Me being a recruit of theirs, I know they’re doing something right and they’re really convincing with what they throw at you. I think it’s huge that they can keep those South Florida guys down here.”

**Louisville offered Holmes yesterday.
**He is planning summer trips to Florida State, Michigan, Notre Dame, and UCLA.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lane
Brady

one slot guy and we're good

3 wr's, 3 OL, 2 rb, 1-2 QB, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S 17-19 ships available. Just have to make them count.

Advertisement
You guys shouldn't be getting your hopes up on Brady. He won't qualify at Miami unless something miraculous happens.

Advertisement
Back