HCID

For_The_U

All ACC
Calling all experts! Someone please tell me what this means:

They elected to remove it from that classification on 3/16. That was quite a while ago. Is this anything noteworthy? If so, why?

TheOriginalCane

All ACC
Calling all experts! Someone please tell me what this means:

They elected to remove it from that classification on 3/16. That was quite a while ago. Is this anything noteworthy? If so, why?

I'm not sure what the confusion is.

This is a classification for the UK only. The UK has not had as many cases, nor as many fatalities. WHO sent out the blueprint for a testing kit in January. I don't have any specific information about how many tests the UK has produced thus far, or how many people in the UK have been tested, but apparently THEIR OWN medical professionals think that they have Covid-19 under control.

Who knows, maybe the UK has this under control, or maybe they will put Covid-19 back on the HCID list in a week.

I don't think that this really matters to the US. Our response and outcomes are not as positive.

Although I would also point out that the future King of England has Covid-19. So maybe he can issue a royal decree to put it back on the HCID list.

For_The_U

All ACC
I'm not sure what the confusion is.

This is a classification for the UK only. The UK has not had as many cases, nor as many fatalities. WHO sent out the blueprint for a testing kit in January. I don't have any specific information about how many tests the UK has produced thus far, or how many people in the UK have been tested, but apparently THEIR OWN medical professionals think that they have Covid-19 under control.

Who knows, maybe the UK has this under control, or maybe they will put Covid-19 back on the HCID list in a week.

I don't think that this really matters to the US. Our response and outcomes are not as positive.

Although I would also point out that the future King of England has Covid-19. So maybe he can issue a royal decree to put it back on the HCID list.
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply it had some meaning for us. I just 1) was surprised to learn they would remove it from the list, 2) was really surprised they would have made that decision back on 3/16 and not revised it (based on all the news/data/reports/studies we've had between 3/16 and 3/26), and 3) genuinely don't fully grasp what the classification means/doesn't mean re an infectious disease.