Has Donna and UM already won the war?

bomb

Band
Banned
http://canestailgating.com/ncaa-sanctions-for-miami-football-is-the-fight-over-update/

NCAA Sanctions for Miami Football: Is the Fight Over?

April 23, 2013 9:52 PM ⋅

Back on February 26th we posted an article arguing that the fight between the NCAA and Miami was over. Since that time, a lot has happened and yet nothing has happened. Miami continues to claim the self imposed punishment fits the crime. The NCAA still continues to act like a vindictive joke (which is odd for a neutral governing body). Although the battle between the NCAA and Miami will continue for the foreseeable future, I stand by my prior conclusion that the war is already over.

read more

Please don't copy and paste full articles. - Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
A few years ago, there was a security breach, someone stole an encrypted disc which contained personal information of all UM-jackson patients.

UMiami hired someone to hack the data to see if the thieves can get to it; they couldn't. the data lost was unusable to the thieves.

UM alerted all of its patients who were affected and offered credit fraud protection to all of them.

this shows the integrity of the University and Shalala.

our president and institution has a strong record of moral compliance. can the NCAA say the same?

Lol. We lost a long time ago. We already haven't "skated". They grilled us slowly and intentionally. The Manson murders were resolved faster than this. 2 and a half years, 2 bowl bans, a missed opportunity at an Orange Bowl victory, a million headaches, and probably a lengthy lawsuit all for some free dinners and a washing machine. Anything else they have the nerve to tack on is just another kick in the balls.

Advertisement
Lol. We lost a long time ago. We already haven't "skated". They grilled us slowly and intentionally. The Manson murders were resolved faster than this. 2 and a half years, 2 bowl bans, a missed opportunity at an Orange Bowl victory, a million headaches, and probably a lengthy lawsuit all for some free dinners and a washing machine. Anything else they have the nerve to tack on is just another kick in the balls.

We can't get back what they already took from us, but they obviously want more. So it will be a win if we get nothing else.

Anyone think that Donna is positioning herself to become president of the NCAA? Especially if Emmert is deposed. Or would the SEC block any such move.

Advertisement
Anyone think that Donna is positioning herself to become president of the NCAA? Especially if Emmert is deposed. Or would the SEC block any such move.

I think Donna's passion in is education and not sports. Doubt she would take that gig, but it would definitely be an amazing middle finger to Emmert

I think Donna's passion in is education and not sports. Doubt she would take that gig, but it would definitely be an amazing middle finger to Emmert

Donna is pretty old, I think her next gig is retirement. She will probably stay at UM another 2-3 years is my guess and retire at 75.

This. Sitting around and doing nothing is a win for the NCAA right now - or at least a loss for us. Recruiting uncertainty has been going on a long, long time now and continues. Lots of uninformed, casual football fans around the country still expect us to get the death penalty. While we know that's extremely unlikely, that's what recruits hear from their friends, relatives, coaches. That's crippling when trying to land an out of state kid.

Advertisement

This. Sitting around and doing nothing is a win for the NCAA right now - or at least a loss for us. Recruiting uncertainty has been going on a long, long time now and continues. Lots of uninformed, casual football fans around the country still expect us to get the death penalty. While we know that's extremely unlikely, that's what recruits hear from their friends, relatives, coaches. That's crippling when trying to land an out of state kid.

In all honesty the casual football fans from around the country could give two ***** if we get the death penalty or not. I live out of state & most of the fans (hardcore fans & mostly SEC) I interact with actually hate the NCAA as much as we do. Do you think we are the only ones smart enough to realize these kids are being victimized by the NCAA?

In all honesty the casual football fans from around the country could give two ****s if we get the death penalty or not. I live out of state & most of the fans (hardcore fans & mostly SEC) I interact with actually hate the NCAA as much as we do. Do you think we are the only ones smart enough to realize these kids are being victimized by the NCAA?

i agree. I asked me brother-in-law last week, who is a huge college football fan, if he had heard any of the recent NCAA stuff. He didnt know anything about it.

Only noles and gator fans give a rats *** outside of Coral Gables

Advertisement
The muslim Ft. Hood shooter applauds the NCAA's snails pace against UM.

That was work place violence not terrorism ...get your facts straight your teabagger

He did not reference terrorism. You read that inference in because he said "Muslim", which is hilariously macabre and ironic. He used more facts than you did, but alas.... It is out of place, or I would spend hours deconstructing the logic "used" in this exchange, on both sides.

That was work place violence not terrorism ...get your facts straight your teabagger

He did not reference terrorism. You read that inference in because he said "Muslim", which is hilariously macabre and ironic. He used more facts than you did, but alas.... It is out of place, or I would spend hours deconstructing the logic "used" in this exchange, on both sides.

Nothing in the first post could be construed as a fact, even by NY Post standards.

Nothing in the first post could be construed as a fact, even by NY Post standards.

He's a Muslim. The legal process is taking a long time, albeit the standard is such. What was factual about the second? He was disputing something that was not said, or even referenced.

Advertisement
Back